Days Inn & Suites Galveston West/Seawall ??

CruzieSue

Has anyone stayed here recently? Good or bad experience? Also, did you book through hotels.com or directly with Days Inn? Thanks for any info.

We stayed there last April and have it booked for next April. It was a nice place to us. Not a fancy hotel but for the price it is good. We always book as soon as possible to get the best rate. We booked through the hotel.

If you have any specific questions about it, I would be happy to answer if I can. It is fairly new.

We will be staying there in April, are there any decent restaurants near the hotel?

There is a small shopping center about a block away that has an eating place with sandwiches and other foods. There is not much that far down.

We stayed there last April and have it booked for next April. It was a nice place to us. Not a fancy hotel but for the price it is good. We always book as soon as possible to get the best rate. We booked through the hotel.

If you have any specific questions about it, I would be happy to answer if I can. It is fairly new.

The morning of the cruise, how was traffic getting back over to the port? Did you take the main/seawall road or some back/side streets to avoid heavier traffic?

By the way, looks like we are South Arkansas neighbors - we live in Camden !!! :)

The morning of the cruise, how was traffic getting back over to the port? Did you take the main/seawall road or some back/side streets to avoid heavier traffic?

By the way, looks like we are South Arkansas neighbors - we live in Camden !!! :)

We normally leave the hotel early (10:00) and the traffic is not bad then. I can't remember which street we took to get to the port. We just took one of the ones that go straight through from Seawall to Harborside. We love Galveston because it is so easy to get around in.

Our daughter lives in Camden and we are trying to sell our house so that we can move there. Then we will really be neighbors. I've never seen anyone on here that lives that close to us before. Maybe we will go on a cruise together sometime.

Wow! Really small world !! :)

I called the Days Inn directly during my lunch break - she gave me a price of $64.50 per room (May 2017) BUT said it was non-refundable, no cancellation. I asked what the price would be if I wanted to be able to cancel (I have seen the different prices for this option on many hotel websites). She said ALL of the rooms were non-refundable and not cancellable once reserved. :eek: I've never seen that restriction before. I politely said, no thanks, I will look elsewhere.

We always get travel insurance outside of Royal Caribbean, but this time I agreed to go with RC's. I'm not what all it covers yet, so maybe hotel room cancellation would be reimbursed if I had to use it. Anyone know for sure?

Wow! Really small world !! :)

I called the Days Inn directly during my lunch break - she gave me a price of $64.50 per room (May 2017) BUT said it was non-refundable, no cancellation. I asked what the price would be if I wanted to be able to cancel (I have seen the different prices for this option on many hotel websites). She said ALL of the rooms were non-refundable and not cancellable once reserved. :eek: I've never seen that restriction before. I politely said, no thanks, I will look elsewhere.

We always get travel insurance outside of Royal Caribbean, but this time I agreed to go with RC's. I'm not what all it covers yet, so maybe hotel room cancellation would be reimbursed if I had to use it. Anyone know for sure?

I checked one weekend in May and I didn't see any non-refundable rates on their sites. The rate was $72.24. That was the AARP rate. I'm not sure if you qualify for that on or not. The regular rate is $86.

Hope this is helpful.

Do you know Robert & Sharla Orren?

I checked one weekend in May and I didn't see any non-refundable rates on their sites. The rate was $72.24. That was the AARP rate. I'm not sure if you qualify for that on or not. The regular rate is $86.

Hope this is helpful.

Do you know Robert & Sharla Orren?

I couldn't get the website to work to see actual prices but seriously thinking about calling back and going with it anyway for such a great price, not having to get up as early cruise morning, and not fighting the Interstate traffic down from Houston.

I know of Robert and Sharla - he preaches at the church were my sister and her husband worship, but I have not met them yet. I also work with Robert's (former) aunt by marriage, Kathy Robertson !! Yep, the world gets smaller and smaller !! :)

I couldn't get the website to work to see actual prices but seriously thinking about calling back and going with it anyway for such a great price, not having to get up as early cruise morning, and not fighting the Interstate traffic down from Houston.

I know of Robert and Sharla - he preaches at the church were my sister and her husband worship, but I have not met them yet. I also work with Robert's (former) aunt by marriage, Kathy Robertson !! Yep, the world gets smaller and smaller !! :)

I wonder how long they will keep their prices so much lower than other hotels. It is almost unbelievable compared to all the others. I continue to keep them down.

Maybe one day we will get to meet somewhere. Hope you have a great cruise. We are going 2 days before our cruise in April. We want to see some of the Galveston sites. Can't wait!!!

I wonder how long they will keep their prices so much lower than other hotels. It is almost unbelievable compared to all the others. I continue to keep them down.

Maybe one day we will get to meet somewhere. Hope you have a great cruise. We are going 2 days before our cruise in April. We want to see some of the Galveston sites. Can't wait!!!

I decided to give the Days Inn website one more try yesterday and low and behold it was up and working!! I signed up for the Wyndham Rewards (25% off) and then booked our 2 rooms with 2 queen beds each. The original price per room was $92.00, so they had already raised prices some since I first checked, with the rewards it was $72.00 per room. Total with taxes came out to $165.60 (for one night), which I was happy with. Really wanted to stay on Galveston Island this time but just did not want to pay those higher prices. Finding 2 rooms or a suite with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms anywhere north of Galveston was at least $100.00 more.

Yes, maybe we will get to meet someday! We have previously sailed only during spring break, but this year is my son's senior year of high school and this is what he wanted to do for a family trip. He graduates on a Thursday night and the cruise leaves that following Sunday. We might possibly leave sometime Friday and drive part of the way, but likely just leave early Saturday and drive all the way. We spent some extra time in Galveston before our cruise back in 2013, so sightseeing not such a priority this time! ;)