Looking for Hotel near Port of Seattle

marcyjane

Hi! Prior to our September '03 cruise we stayed 2 nights at Comfort Suites-Seattle Center on Roy Street. I just dug out our bill (even I can't believe I still have it) and it was $194.56..total. It was within walking distance of the Space needle and a few restaurants but not downtown. The hotel had a shuttle that took us downtown (a short ride but too far to walk) where we spent our one day sightseeing and had a great meal. Seattle has a free in-town bus system that we rode going from place to place (easy) and took back out in the direction of our hotel at days end. If I'm not mistaken, we rode past the free 'territory' to get one block from our hotel and our 'folly' cost a dollar. HA!

The hotel was sold out. I made a reservation months in advance (I think I read about it here on the cc board) after I checked the rates of several different hotels. (Some were way too pricey!!) Lots of cruisers were staying there and they ran their shuttle back and forth to the pier(s) the morning we sailed. They had a sign-up sheet at the front desk with no one on it for 10:30 which was perfect as we like to get there a little early. One other couple ended up riding with us. We boarded soon after arriving. The shuttle is free but for a tip of course.

Oh, getting to it from the airport. It may have changed since but they did not have airport service. When I made our reservation and asked she said it would have to be a cab or the airport shuttle service, which she recommended. It ran from right outside the baggage area and was fine. We didn't have to wait long and made several drop-offs downtown (my first birds-eye view of Seattle) before dropping us off. I forgot what it cost but it wasn't bad.

That's it but for the most important thing! The room was nice and big and there was a nice continental breakfast. And I would definately stay there again should we ever have the pleasure of visiting Seattle or cruising Alaska again in the future!

Hope this helps. Good Luck!!!!

Archived