TUI discovery

i am going on my first ever cruise with thomson on highlights of the Mediterranean cruise on the TUI Discovery ship June 2017. I am told by thomson that i will be on a revamped ship to be the TUI 1 discovery ship but cannot find any reviews on this particular ship is this because it is not in use for this yet? So far the reviews of the Discovery have not exactly been glowing so is there anyone out there going on the same cruise as me or on it before me?? can anyone give me positive feedback?

i am going on my first ever cruise with thomson on highlights of the Mediterranean cruise on the TUI Discovery ship June 2017. I am told by thomson that i will be on a revamped ship to be the TUI 1 discovery ship but cannot find any reviews on this particular ship is this because it is not in use for this yet? So far the reviews of the Discovery have not exactly been glowing so is there anyone out there going on the same cruise as me or on it before me?? can anyone give me positive feedback?

The TUI Discovery is the ship currently in service with Thomson. It used to be called Splendour of the Seas. Next year at the start of the summer season Legend of the Seas becomes TUI Discovery 2, al least that is what they call it. Is this the ship you have booked?

ps - I like the name TUI Discovery TUI :D

If it is TUI 2, it is currently RCI's Legend of the Seas.

Both ships are very nice. The problem to date has mostly been the way Thomson are operating the Discovery, rather than issues with the ship itself.

Both ships are lovely. They are quite old, but they have been well looked after. Recent Discovery reviews from the last few weeks have been much better than the earlier ones, so hopefully by the time you sail, they will be performing well.

i am told via thomson agency that the ship will be called TUI Discovery 1 hopefully all will be well but if you see any reviews for this ship please let me know

TUI discovery 1 is the current TUI Discovery. There are quite a few reviews out there. As she is in her first season IMO she is suffering from the normal first season 'it's a new ship I don't like it' problem. I enjoyed it :)

ps - a 'problem' with discovery is it can have over 300 children aboard, I cruised on her this summer in late June and there were about 30!

Edited by davecttr

thanks for that its good to hear some positive stuff im sure as you said the 'new ****' syndrome would affect reviews. Im really looking forward to it now! we did originally go for the celebrity cruise which would have been 14 nights but though we should walk before we could run lol.:)