Ideal pier arrival time for Miracle sailing from Long Beach w/o FTTF?

kheilmann

My family and I are sailing on the Miracle this Saturday out of Long Beach to the Mexican Riviera. We were not able to get FTTF. It says boarding time is 1:00 to 3:30 pm. What time would you recommend arriving at Long Beach pier to minimize a long wait but still get on the ship as early as possible?

My wife and I have sailed twice from Long Beach on that same itinerary, we arrive around 10:30 and both times had to wait around two hours to get on board. Long Beach is the worst port for embarking we've experienced. It can be very hot and you wait out side. the Cruise is a very enjoyable cruise though. Have Fun!!

Early check in starts at 9:30.

Doors open around 11:30.

Cabins open 1-1:30.

Could check in at 9:30 and walk over to explore the Queen Mary. Your ship card is your admission ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Early check in starts at 9:30.

Doors open around 11:30.

Cabins open 1-1:30.

Could check in at 9:30 and walk over to explore the Queen Mary. Your ship card is your admission ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I like that idea!

We arrived at Long Beach around 1:30 for our recent Miracle cruise, and waited over an hour in various lines before finally boarding. I wish I'd know we could check in so early! On a side note, arriving at 1:30, the parking structure was at capacity. They directed us to park in the Queen Mary's lot, and gave us a special ticket. I had frequent spells of worrying that our car would be towed for sitting there so long (yes, even though they'd directed us over there!). Thankfully, the car was indeed still there, super dusty but otherwise fine :D and on the plus side, they didn't charge us a cent upon leaving - woohoo!!

My family and I are sailing on the Miracle this Saturday out of Long Beach to the Mexican Riviera. We were not able to get FTTF. It says boarding time is 1:00 to 3:30 pm. What time would you recommend arriving at Long Beach pier to minimize a long wait but still get on the ship as early as possible?

We arrive 10-1030 and get zone 1 and save $60 for the FTTF.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a FTTF pass for the first week in August. We got there at 10:00 because they said we would be getting on the ship at 11:00. This is NOT the case. The last group to debark wasn't even scheduled until 11:45. You have to wait for them to get off then they do a security sweep. We didn't get on until 12:45 so we were at the port way too early. Yes, FTTF has a different line and easy to get on but I won't get there so early next time. Also, if I didn't have FTTF I would just get there at 2 pm and avoid any lines at all. Parking in the structure was just as full at 10 am by the way, because all the people weren't off the ship yet.