Questions about Cape Liberty (Bayonne) NJ terminal

venango

I'm planning to use a limo service from Philadelphia. The service arrives at the port approx.at 12.00 noon for arrival and pick-up. My cruise departs at 5.00PM and returns (10 days later) at 7.00AM. That leaves me with 4-5 hours waiting time both times. Is the terminal comfortable a place to be waiting this long (sitting areas,luggage pick-up etc.)? In a pinch driving myself is an option.

We were off the ship by 10am. The luggage is in a waiting room for you to pick up. then you go to the curb & wait for your pick up. I guess you could leave the luggage for a while. The waiting area is small with few hard chairs. Not too comfortable from what I remember.

I have no option with the limo service. I've used them before for cruises out of NY. They are a service that picks up people from their home from various locations (up to 8 people) and return them to their homes. They go to NY NJ piers and airports and are fixed in their time frame. I'd hate to give this up as it is very easy way to travel.

I have no option with the limo service. I've used them before for cruises out of NY. They are a service that picks up people from their home from various locations (up to 8 people) and return them to their homes. They go to NY NJ piers and airports and are fixed in their time frame. I'd hate to give this up as it is very easy way to travel.

Okay, then, to literally answer your question...

Yes, the terminal is reasonably comfortable (hard chairs, but good for 20 to 30 minutes) upon arrival. When you arrive at noon, you'll be admitted to the ship in short order --- so that's not a problem.

Upon your return, all the chairs in the terminal are basically stacked up and unavailable because they use this same space for luggage sorting and pickup by passengers at debarkation. You might be able to find some corner to sit and observe the chaos until about 10am when the chairs will once again be set up for passengers arriving for the next cruise.

Archived