conditions in Western Carrib????

We leave on the 13th for basically the same itinerary-Key West, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Cozumel.

In the aftermath of Wilma, even though it hasn't been "officially" announced, we have pretty much "crossed" Cozumel off our list. Don't know if we'll end with a sea day or some other port, but judging from the pictures I've been able to find, it will be a while before Coz is ready to accept visitors, much less cruise ships.

I really don't think there's anything to be concerned with when it comes to Key West...I've been checking both the webcams scattered around the island and the local newspaper...they will reopen to visitors on Friday. They have rescheduled the Goombay Festival into next weekend, and I've seen no information about any cancellation of "MOTM"-which is a weekend long convention of Parrotheads (fans of Jimmy Buffett).

Some of the other posts here have indicated that both Grand Cayman and Costa Maya are "business as usual" at this time.

Hope this helps...

I kon the Mariner was doing an Eastern Itinerary this week instead of a Western, two of our table buddies (next table over but they are friends) were scheduled to do a Western and did San Jaun, St. Thomas and Sint Maartan instead. I would expect this for at least a few weeks.

As far as that novemeber date, it seems pretty early considering the damage! May not be a whole lot to do there at the time due to people cleaning up, so I would honestly expect that date to be pushed way back.

The other thing, is that I would expect them to do the same thing as Grand Cayman, by only letting a few ships in each day for a while, as to not overwhelm the few businesses that will be able to open back up quickly.

Just my 2 cents

would any of you sailing now and in November update on the board where you stopped and if you stopped at any ports and what they were like. I am scheduled on Rhapsody Nov. 27 to go to Key West, Cayman, & Cozumel.

thanks.

Kay, we're on the same cruise! Stop by and say hello to our M&M group...see the link in my sig :D

Just returned from NOS and we weren't able to go to Cozumel so that day ended up being a sail day; next day was supposed to stop in Grand Cayman and we couldn't because of the swells so we ended up going to Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Was disappointed about not being able to go to Grand Cayman! :(

We were on the Rhapsody last week and couldn't go to any of our scheduled ports - KW, GC and Cozumel. We wen't to Ocho Rios, Jamaica on Wed and Progreso, Mexico on Friday. We were a little disappointed but we had a BLAST anyway. A bartender on Rhapsody showed us pictures of the pier in Cozumel and it is all broken up. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon. For the stop in Jamaica they offered 20 or so excursions. We went got a day pass to Shaw Park hotel - open bar, use of pool and beach and lunch. Unfortunately it rained most of the time. In Progreso, Mexico they only offered 4 excursions. A 7 hour tour of the ruins in Chizin Itza (sp?), a four hour tour of the ruins somewhere close to the port (I can't even attempt to spell it) we did that one., kayaking and shopping. This was our first cruise and had nothing to compare it to. We just went with the flow and were glad we were on vacation. Some people were really grumbling about everything.

Colleen

Rhapsody of the Seas 10/23

I sailed 10/21-10/30. We missed the caymens. Crew told us that Cozumel may be off the itinerary for a year. I think that is an exaggeration but i didn't hear that it won't be back till the spring. So even if you stop there, you may be in a wasteland.

Archived