Kudos to Delta at Seattle Pier

davis0056

We just got off the Solstice in Seattle. Delta has set up a place outside the terminal for people that don't want to drag their luggage to the airport. It was a little bit of a hike. But the Delta staff were super friendly and helpful. Since Celebrity has stopped the valet service in Seattle this is a nice service provided by Delta. Maybe other airlines will start doing the same thing. I just wish it was closer to the ship terminal and Delta says they are working on that. A free perk from an airline. Unheard of!

Thanks for the info - definitely a nice gesture by DL and probably done to try to woo travelers.

Seattle is home base for Alaska Air, and with the last few years was targeted by Delta as an airport they wanted to expand market share in (historically DL and Alaska Air were close partners, but recently they drifted and have become more competitive with each other, the Alaska-Virgin merger will also complicate the Alaska-Delta situation further).

Good to know. I believe that Delta is the best airline in the US. When I book flights I will always choose Delta even if it means paying a little bit more. They have always effortlessly taken care of me over the years.