Martini Tasting with Cheers workaround?

doconner

I know that you can't do the normal martini tasting with Cheers, and that you'd be expected to pay the regular price.

However, I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to do a 'hack' where you get them to make you the various martinis from the tasting (one at a time) in the smaller glass and ring it up as normal drink? Or better yet, if there were two people both with cheers to make a regular martini but split it into two smaller glasses? (Yes, sharing isn't allowed, but if both people have Cheers, not sure why there'd be an issue)

My partner and I are likely to get Cheers, and want to do the martini tasting.

I realise that we could just order full size martinis, but six full sized martinis would make us extremely pissed for the rest of the night.

I also realise we could get full size martinis and only drink half it it, but between the two of us that would leave 12 half finished drinks which seems an awful waste.

We aren't at all worried we'd hit the 15 drink limits for the day, so don't mind having smaller martinis count as full sized drinks if they will do it.

Anyone found a way to emulate the martini tasting while on Cheers?

Thanks,

Why don't you each order 3 of the martinis - drink 1/2 and then swap? You each only end up with 3 full drinks instead of 6

That sounds like the best way to do it. You'll each just have to wait 5 minutes between each order, but you could have your "flight" laid out before you rather quickly, if the bar isn't too busy.

Why don't you each order 3 of the martinis - drink 1/2 and then swap? You each only end up with 3 full drinks instead of 6

Thanks for the suggestion. That is the fallback plan. Though would be nice to have them at the same time to comment on the flavours. However, it won't be the end of the world if we have to drink them in succession.

We are sailing on the transatlantic, so there will be several 25 hour long sea days to try it out.

thanks again,