Panama Canal Cruise in Januiary

tapawingo

We are on the Miami to Los Angeles cruise in January. Has anyone taken this cruise and if so, what about all the days at sea. Were you occupied by activities sponsored by the ship. We did the Venice to Athens last year and had few free days, which were very welcome after all day in the field.

Thanmks for any answers. If I have posted incorrectly, it is because I am new to this posting stuff.:)

This is a very interesting itinerary. We did it the other way in 14 days on Infinity and it was one of our better cruises. But some of your stops are different, and a little bit out of the ordinary. What struck me most was the marvelous, alternating mix of sea days and port days. When we did a 14 cruise down the Amazon and out to Devil's Island, Venezuela, Tobago and Barbados in March on Insignia, we enjoyed the sea(river) days. My review of that cruise is on this site under Insignia and my name, Phil Haggerty. It was actually chosen as review of the week when it appeared. So you might find our views on Oceania of value since the ships are identical. I think you will enjoy this cruise very, very much.

To read ships' reviews on this site: http://www.cruisecritic.com: go to the Home Page. Scroll down a short way until you see "Find A Review" on the left side of the screen. Open the box labelled "Find a Ship" and you will bring up a long list of every cruise ship afloat. Scroll down to highlight "Insignia" and click. You will bring up a site that has a lot of information about the ship. There is a spot called "Members Reviews" below the picture of the ship. Click on this and about 5 reviews will come up. Mine is "Phil Haggerty - South America" click on "Read" and you are there.

There is another site that has my review of our Panama Canal trip. This is:

http://www.cruisereviews.com. Click on this site and the first page is headed: "Readers Reviews". It has a list of cruise lines. Click on "Celebrity"

under "Premium Lines" [Oceania is in that category also]; and you will get a site on that line. Scroll down the list of ships in their fleet and click on "Infinity". You will bring up a page on that ship and scroll down to "Mega Reviews". I have two there under Philip M. Haggerty. Click on "December 8, 2002, Panama Canal" and you will have my review of our Canal trip. My Insignia review is also on cruisereviews.com; but I mentioned this cruisecritic site first since you can get there quickly from the boards.

Archived