Travel iron

tayjay2001

The cruise lines correctly advise that you should not have chargers switched on when not in the cabin. I do have a problem with overnight though!. I have 3 things to charge, camera battery, kindle and electric toothbrush. It is quiet a juggling act to keep all 3 charged in the limited time available. So OK I cheat, the electric toothbrush goes on charge some nights :( Hopefully it will be OK because I use the high quality chargers that come with the devices, not some cheap alternative bought of ebay.

An interesting story - there was a nightime house fire locally. The house was gutted but everyone got out alive because they had a working smoke alarm, apparently the fire started in a cheap ebay type charger! It was a modern terrace and the houses next door were smoke and fume damaged. Everyone is in alternative accommodation and will be for years :eek:

My advice is, if you must cheat, only use approved chargers and don't take a multi socket strip. Also, leave the mobile phone in itys correct place, switched off in the safe.

Totally agree as it is not just ones own safety at risk, but others, as your story shows.

Totally agree as it is not just ones own safety at risk, but others, as your story shows.

Thinks, as my next cruise is 7 nights I might get away with just a toothbrush

Thinks again, I have 3 batteries for my camera and portable battery chargers are available that can recharge your kindle without a socket!