QM2 new york to southampton

happyperson

I like to think of myself as just the average hard working guy who works and saves hard maybe over a few years to give himself and family a special holiday. My wife and I brought our 2 tenager sons with us,as we thought a trip to new york followed by a transaltlantic crossing on the QM2 would be a something our family would always remember.

Boy what a trip?We all loved new york.3 days visiting all the sites.I really got hot and sore feet.My Son's were so exicted by the buzz of the place.

Then onto our first cruise ship on the 20th October.WOW what a beatiful ship inside and out? I think that someone would have to be brain dead not to be impressed by this stunning lady.

we were in an inside cabins on deck 12.We were absolutely delighted by our cabin.A bottle of free campaign awaited us.The cabin had a fresh look and smell about it.The service in the britannia restaurant was superb.The food excellent

The brittania resturant set between 2 levels is like a detailed work of art with so much to take in.During dinner the lights are dimmed down which is like trowing a blanket over a work of art.The britannia restaurant is really seen in her full glory with lights undimmed.The waiters quickly sussed that that we were a little taken back by the menu,and without been condesending guided us through the many tasty choices available.

I think the people who are eating in the Queens grill really must be missing out not eating in the brittania restaurant.Surely the Queens grill can't match the brittania for location?

Free food is avaible 24 hours a day in the kings court food hall.Boy what a top quality selection of international food available there.

The 1000 seat royal court Theatre fitted with deep pile very soft seats.The theatre has a warm and cosy feel about it,only marred by a few seats with impared views by columns.Still a tiny price to pay to keep the beautiful ceiling in place Sometimes I thought to myself here we are watching a top class show in this wonderful theatre whilst floating over a 6 mile deep dark and foreboding ocean

The Qm2 has so many jaw dropping locations.The queens room was one of my favourite places.There are many place to just to sit quietly on this ship.

Wearing a bow tie is something that I have done twice in 50+years and in my poor mind associate with sobbery.What a fool I've been? Dressing formally with a bow tie going to dinner is like wearing a school uniform,it's a great equalizer.Everyone is in a kind of uniform and just to get my 2 young sons dressed to the nines with there bow ties on was great(All recorded by the ships photograher)

I am thankful that Cunards had to drop there prices and that we could afford to sail on the QM2.I thank all the hard working staff on the ship from top to botton for the excellent service we received.We never ever felt like second class passengers and I can only just guess what sort of service those passenger received in more expensive staterooms received (good luck to them).

So if you can afford the transatlanic crossing one way perhaps with a couple of days in new york then don't hesitate.With the big discount offered at the moment it good value for money.5 star meals + shows every evening with 24 hours free foods included and much more.

If after doing the transatlantic crossing on the QM2 your not impressed and satisfied then all I can say is you must be spoilt rotten.

I

Archived