Choosing a cabin on Fascination

hrmkr

Hello everyone,

I am looking to book a cruise on the Fascination for the incredible Southern route.

I am looking at several cabins and would like to get opinions on which one to book.

The first one is U121 which in 1 cabin back from the center stairs. My concern is how noisy it will be. My current other choices are U133 and U137 which are 3 and 4 cabins more aft than U121.

I will hardly ever be in the cabin other than to sleep and shower/change clothes. I know there will be traffic near the stairs but not sure actually how much noise it will be.

Thank you for your help!

Happy cruising

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot speak of the cabins on the Fascination yet, as I cruise in October. However, i have stayed right at the elevators before on another ship, and you are correct you can hear the dinging of the elevator and people talking. I prefer to stay by the stairs/elevator so we have quick access to the other floors. I usually stay a few doors down from the actual opening. From looking at the floor plan, there seems to be a bump out in the ship so you would not be directly in front of the doorway. I would go with the U121, I do not think you will hear much. Enjoy!!

We were on Deck M Aft, and we heard the anchors go up and down, every morning and evening. A few cabins had children running & shouting, through the halls. One cabin had a baby cry for hours! On the last morning, someone knocked on our cabin door at 6 am, by mistake! One of the most noisy cruises I've been on. However, visiting all the exciting islands made up for it all.

I agree - the Empress Deck is great. We had a cabin very close to the stairs and elevators and we never heard a peep. I think we were in E-63 and it was a great location - we were on Elation - but it is probably the same as Fascination.

Have a great time!

Good to hear! We are both up early....usually around 6 am. We get room service for coffee and then off we go. We are not usually in cabin except to change clothes. We are down for the night by 10pm or so. I hope this cabin works for us

• 2 weeks later...
We were on Deck M Aft, and we heard the anchors go up and down, every morning and evening. A few cabins had children running & shouting, through the halls. One cabin had a baby cry for hours! On the last morning, someone knocked on our cabin door at 6 am, by mistake! One of the most noisy cruises I've been on. However, visiting all the exciting islands made up for it all.

It sounds like your cabin is close to where our inside cabin was. The noisy passengers won't be the same, however, the anchor going up and down will be the same. The noise, of the ropes, is over fairly quick, however, it will wake you up, before you dock, each morning.

Edited by TravelingAPor