Drinking age...on ship and in Bahamas

kimberlym4

I hope you are not referring to me.

as I stated... I dont care if he drinks alcohol or not. its a question of liability and $$ (fines).

the child could get hurt and then Carnival will be in a great deal of trouble if they were found to have served him alcohol.

From a Carnival perspective, this is a nightmare and the server should be fired.

as for the child... I dont have issues with him drinking especially under his families supervision

Funny how you use buzz words like child when referring to an 18 or 19 year old. Would you refer an 18 or 19 year old soldier as a child ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Jmho im with jays soapbox maybe since my son is also military. He can drink and get served on base and i trust him on a cruise. If he can fight for your freedom let the dude have a few. Now if he were getting crap faced drunk that's different.

And just so you know they are always our kids no matter the age.

He just gave them my card. Yes, possibly rare but probably not as rare as you think.

While that changes the story. If he used his card it would have flagged him as underage.

I won't even touch the he was going in the military therefore should be allowed, yes I earned the right to say that, it is BS.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've never mentioned this before on these boards because I know I'll get flamed/called a liar..blah blah blah.

I just want to put it out there though for those thinking underaged drinking doesn't happen on a ship.

My two teenaged sons were given alcohol by one of the the Club O2 staff. It was a giant kebbie lebbie that I won't get into here, and yes I'm sure that staff member suffered the consequences. If you think your 18 year old won't be served on a cruise though, you'd better guess again.

That being said, I also agree that the drinking age of 21 is asinine. What the country ought to do is make it 18 AND graduated from highschool. Bring your diploma in and get a stamp of approval on your ID. I fail to see the difference between a 19 year old and a 21 year old when it comes to drinking.

I can recall a time many years ago that anyone in my home state in possession of an active duty military ID could legally purchase alcohol regardless of age. I'm not sure when that changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It changed when the FEDERAL government decided that states that didn't comply with the 21 year old drinking age would lose ALL federal funds for roads (including maintenance of the Interstate systems). In other words the Feds blackmailed the states into complying with their policies.

This is different than how you originally stated it. I thought he was using his own card and was confused because I know your age is directly linked to the S&S card.

Nothing wrong with him having a few beers. Hell, my mom was getting me Cosmos as that age. Next time though for anyone who allows their underage kid to drink, just order it yourself and give it to them rather than them using your card. Then the server isn't liable if anything happens and they shouldn't be.

Happy cruising.

I was on a cruise in June and my 20 year old daughter was able to purchase a drink with her card. My 25 years old son was carded almost every time. He was not impressed.

This is different than how you originally stated it. I thought he was using his own card and was confused because I know your age is directly linked to the S&S card.

Nothing wrong with him having a few beers. Hell, my mom was getting me Cosmos as that age. Next time though for anyone who allows their underage kid to drink, just order it yourself and give it to them rather than them using your card. Then the server isn't liable if anything happens and they shouldn't be.

Happy cruising.

Sorry for the confusion. We used my card. He was with me. He ordered and I gave them my card.