Balcony Guaranteed - Worth the Risk?

BigWino

We wound up assigned to room 7248. It appears that it will be difficult to see forward even when looking out past the rail because of the shape of the ship at this point, but this is a minor complaint. The room is far superior to what I could have booked had I paid extra. Got lucky this time... definitely a circumstances will dictate move for me in the future.

I also booked a guaranteed balcony (last Sunday) for the Sept. 25 sailing on Pride. We're just a couple of doors down from you BigWino! Looks like ours sleeps four so I'm hoping we don't get moved as we get closer to sailing. I've heard that can happen.

Lucky you!! We have a guarantee booked for our Oct 1st cruise and have yet to get cabin assignment!! I keep waiting!! We have booked guarantee in the past and have always been pleased heck last cruise even got an upsell call to a spa room for cheap and the booking was originally a guarantee.

I also booked a guaranteed balcony (last Sunday) for the Sept. 25 sailing on Pride. We're just a couple of doors down from you BigWino! Looks like ours sleeps four so I'm hoping we don't get moved as we get closer to sailing. I've heard that can happen.

If you see us definitely say hello @demottm. JR & Melanie.

We are just two traveling also so hopefully both of our luck will hold out. I didn't know you could be moved again once it was assigned...

I like last minute guarantees. You see what is avbx with a practice booking..if you see quite a few you could take in your category...have to pinch your pennies and have to go...it is worth it. I had a very nice inside 2 times with this method. A 1a on Fantasy class on Empress deck which is delightfully quiet, nobody across from you, and a straight shot out to the atrium, over cabins and under carpeted seating area in dining.

Another time a deck 7 between cabin floors not to far to elevator/STAIRS AND LIDO.

I also agree if a guarantee at a suite level is offered on a ship where they are well placed for noise...go for it..if in your budget.

It is always better to pay for and get exactly what you want. You have to check things to improve odds..lol...and be ok with the worst cabin with earplugs and a sound machine.

Edited by sjn911

Considering booking a balcony guaranteed rate to save $300 over getting to select stateroom ourselves. When will we find out what room we are assigned? Do they offer upgrades if you don't like it? What are my chances of getting a room with an obstructed view?

The real concern is winding up with a balcony with a view of a lifeboat. What are the chances this will happen?

You have a very good chance of getting a room with an obstructed view. They will sell the other rooms at a higher costs to people willing to pay for them. The only way to get upgrades is to pay the difference in prices to ge the room you want.