Ecstasy Cruise out of Charleston September 22

nccruzencouple

Wife and I are going on our first CCL, have been on 5 with RCI and has been a while since we cruised. Doing this kid free for our 10 year anniversary. Just looking to find out some of the best things about this ship. Really looking forward to Half Moon Cay. Also what is the cruise terminal at Charleston like. First time cruising from there.

Kind of crazy. You get dropped off or park 100 ft from the ship. You get to wait for a shuttle under a white tent. Then take the shuttle the 100 ft to the terminal. No, you cannot walk it. Then, you go inside and wait in the security line. Then the line to pick up your Sea Pass. Then you wait to get your photo taken. Then, if the ship is cleared, you can board. Wedding parties first, Diamond/Platinum guests second, FTTF third, then everyone else. It is not as complicated as it sounds. This will be my 8th or 9th time doing it.

B

Wow, that's great. I will be doing that. That has changed since my Feb trip. So, we will be coming by hotel shuttle.. Do we still drop luggage at the same place? Where do we walk in relation to the white tent?? Just want to get my plan down..

Edited by dulcimergirl

Yeah, the change is fantastic! It started in June. Yes, you still drop your luggage at the same place. From there we were told that if we want the shuttle to wait there for it, or to proceed directly to the terminal which is what we did. Now that Charleston also has staggered check-in that should also help with crowding in the terminal.

Charleston - go to the city a day or two ahead of time. Great walking, historical city.

Port - city, industry, and historical people are all still fighting. The terminal is rudimentary, though quick.

Ship - Carnivals second oldest ship. Can ask for a refrigerator for your room, they have some loaners. don't expect the Vista with top notch entertainment and impeccable carpets - the ship is fun, but needs a rehab.