Dining with FTTF

Koopaloop

Thanks so much for this! I've read around a lot so I figured that this was probably how it works. My only problem is that I'm not seeing anywhere on my Carnival account that I am actually on the waitlist for YTD. I tried more than once to update it (if it's actually putting me on the waitlist I might show up about five times lol) and it lets me choose the new option and submit, then reloads the webpage but nothing changes. It still shows Late Dining (Confirmed).

If you can't see it on the website, why don't you call Carnival and ask them fix the dining time.

Trying to get some clarification here. So, if you book FTTF you get priority seating for YTD? And if you want a set seating time but it is full, you can get bumped above others on the wait list?

A few cruises ago we had ATD and likes to get a certain table, so we would line up around 5:30 or so. By 5:45 (when the doors opened) there was a long line completely circling the Atrium. Right before the doors opened a group of six came right to the front of the line. A gentleman behind me told them that the line started way back, but she smiled and showed her red card with FTTF, saying that she had priority dining.

After three nights of this, I asked Guest services why FTTF had this privilege, but we (as Plats) did not. They told me that the woman was mistaken, and it DID Not allow them to skip the line. They also said that this was a fairly common occurrence. The next night my wife told them that they misunderstood the benefit, but they would not move. It was not worth the hassle to me, so I let it pass.

A few cruises ago we had ATD and likes to get a certain table, so we would line up around 5:30 or so. By 5:45 (when the doors opened) there was a long line completely circling the Atrium. Right before the doors opened a group of six came right to the front of the line. A gentleman behind me told them that the line started way back, but she smiled and showed her red card with FTTF, saying that she had priority dining.

After three nights of this, I asked Guest services why FTTF had this privilege, but we (as Plats) did not. They told me that the woman was mistaken, and it DID Not allow them to skip the line. They also said that this was a fairly common occurrence. The next night my wife told them that they misunderstood the benefit, but they would not move. It was not worth the hassle to me, so I let it pass.

Next time it happens, whip out your Diamond/Platinum card and tell them they can't get past you. :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OP booked through a third-party. Carnival will not 'talk' to him/her. OP should contact the third-party to adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just called the other site to update and my Carnival profile is showing us on the waitlist for YTD. Thanks!