Not your typical review- A Typical Norwegian Escape Aug 14-20,2016

Amoré Familia

Off to CC M&G 11:00AM Cagney's . I was the 1st to arrive. Was very impressed wait staff remembers me kinda they called me by my daughter's name. Still impressed with 5300 guest on board . They apologized I told them no need to still impressed. You sign in name , cabin. And user name. They had lots of Danishes and juices. Then brought around smoothies and muffins. I enjoyed meeting the ones who showed up. Wish more would have but there was much confusion with our M& G. Wish my family would have came because it started to rain. They would have had a better time with me. Got to meet the cream of the crop staff of the Escape! Errol was very pleasant and easy to talk to but after their little speech off they went to their jobs. Loved how their staff is very available to you. All you must do is ask & if they can't help you they will get you to someone who can. I missed meeting one couple because they dashed to quickly.

Family tried hanging out hoping the rain would blow over but when I arrived and it didn't they decided to give up.

So off we went to lunch. They wanted GC but I said no after the breakfast. And figured my closet 2,000 friends were there. The decision was made O"Shenahans. Considering the fact that the rain caused them to get swamped (pun) we were seated quickly. We had the spinach artichoke dip ( not a fan of their nacho chips very bland), broccoli soup( no cheddar chees would have been way better if it had it and had to ask for crackers),chicken wings(DS8 out 10), Reuben( ask for extra thousand island not a lot of saurerkraut- definitely not the best Reuben I have had), DS also had chicken fajitas and said 10/10. Comment card filled out. Kudos to service not so much on food We decide this was not the place for us. Saw some milkshakes come out not sure if here was an up charge .

We did notice how in all places except GC they encourage you to eat more and always have a dessert . We think because of the 18% tip. Even though you don't see it because we already had 3 specialty included. But the wait staff sees it in their tips.More food more tips for them. We also noticed that the included places to eat did not have the best service or food quality. Therefore encouraging you to eat specialty . We almost paid for one ourselves. The food quality in specialties is better and staff more attentive. I am sure the free places are places where staff is trained. Only one fabulous waiter in nonspecialty I will mention later.

I am not complaining about the food it was all good just some could have been better . Yes I know they have got 5 star awards for their good. And yes because of past guest comments things have been changed.

After lunch we went to play skeeball. It is hiding back in the corner with the mini bowling lane. Any tickets you get here get cashed in in the video arcade near Entourage. And everyone cashes in the last night. Mainly trinkets nothing worth what you paid even the good prizes. They need 2 machines to distribute the prizes .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because we come from where there is only 50 days of sun we went back to the pool area. I took our water pouch and put my key in the outside pocket. Great feature. Soon we would find another great spot. The jacuzzi which by the next seas day others would find too. Met some friendly people here .Although another day in a jacuzzi just down from that one not so friendly of a group. Actual very rude and nonwelcoming . So when others decide to join you please be welcoming. They too paid for a cruise and last time I checked your name was not on the owners certificate for the cruise ship . Oh and that little gray tab is the button to run the jacuzzi . Took us awhile to figure it out and we were a smart group in jacuzzi 1. It is to the right if standing at ladder looking in.

So it is almost dinner and we hit a show tonight . After my shower I can't find my key. After some searching and checking my secret compartment on my phone I gave up on finding it. So off I called guest service to see what I could do. They immediately deactivated it although no one but I could charge on it because my picture is attached. Told me I had to come down. They were very prompt in getting me a new card, yes it had my name and info printed on it just like first one. They told me where I last used it. And recommended keep looking for it although inactive. So off I went to the skeeball . No where in sight. But at least now I could attend the show with my family and eat at LaCacina.. So back I raced to cabin to grab family and get there before our reservation expired.

Key card lost number 2

Late now LaCacina dining pics tomorrow evening. Ciao!

Edited by Amoré Familia

924c053ca0e139a091fb807a3435ef06.jpg

Angle Hair

779cd989b53f02a89b491aa45a99943c.jpg

Seafood Pasta

313ea4b6da2a745f3df7172727440259.jpg

Scaloppine Vitello al Marsala (Veal)

5535284d8a24657eb3feada47bcdf514.jpg

Tiramisu -Is there any other Italian dessert

2bd05eb07536e288735caf1f49c1a34d.jpg

Fruit -Yes take a look at that strawberry. Became the joke all week. Do you have part of my strawberry? You are only eating a whole strawberry if you comment.

95fac15c91b4e0375d054bb5429be2ee.jpg

Lemon Cheesecake

Cagney's was[emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93]

LaCucina [emoji93][emoji93][emoji93][emoji93]

Disappoint people who work there were not Italian.

Pasta is definitely al dente actually too al dente.

Now many of you may give this a higher rating but my DMIL is 100% Sicilian need I say more. She is a 10️cook!

DH says average Mediterranean food.

Arrived at the Headliner a half hour before as instructed , not necessary. A couple ahead of us did not have reservations. They told them no problem just come back at 10 til. Headliner holds approx 200 people. Levity Comedy with Landry hosted by Mia Jackson.

Mia was introduced and went into her monologue . Which had my family looking at each other because she was acting like she was main headliner. Was she funny, yes but only the first time. She needs different monologues for different nights. She was extremely boring the second time. Maybe I will stomp on her biscuit. Yes my family can be a tough crowd . She is on Instagram #miajackson

We really enjoyed Landry. That man is funny even if he is Canadian ehh.

Now our opinion they prereserve half and the other half is the 10min before. So don't freak if you don't get a prereserve. With prereserve they are trying to control crowds on the ship. Don't want all 5200 of us in the same spot. I know the boxoffice did not want to prereserve me 2 comedy shows but I insisted. Did not do 18 and above because DD could not go with us. Comedy shows are 45min.

As soon as it was over we made a mad dash to the Escape Theater. We mapped out our quick getaway ahead so we all knew where to go . DD lead us because she seemed to be able to part the way like Moses.

After Midnight 10:00 our 2nd show of the evening. It is basically dancing, tap dancing, and singing. Our faves from the show was the guy group, the snake guy and the lady with the set of pipes in her. Part way through many people leave. NCL needs to take note of this. The show is too long and becomes repetitive. Maybe a supper club venue short and sweet would be better. The length of the show takes away from it turns a good thing bad rapidly. Reservations can be made online before departure. Haven guest have an area reserved in the theater on the left.

So how did I entertain myself when I became bored . I prayed to St Anthony the Saint of lost things. He came through for me.

e2a3bfcb8cd811b1d553fd7c84a6ebe3.jpg

Remember that water pouch from earlier in the day. I never really lost my card I just misplaced it. Now a souvenir since it was no longer active. But somehow this still made me feel better.

Hope to post more Tues but I got a super busy day at work and a new school year function for DD. Yes I have to go because they screwed up her schedule and have not fixed it yet. Ugggh. And don't forget that drop off of DS to his new college. Has he packed ? Nooooooo. [emoji34] Of course he was the last to pack for the cruise too.

There is a 1 hour time change the first night on. Fall back an hour. This can become very confusing once you leave the ship. Roatan , Belize and Cozumel have a different time. Then some of our phones were changing times and other ones weren't. Don't understand that one my family is all on the same phone plan. Best to have a watch. And the tender guy confused me even more, because I did not know which time he was referring to ship or Belize time . Anyways we made it back in time. I think 4 were late in Roatan and 20something in Belize

Day 3 Roatan , Honduras

Breakfast at Savor One of the best breakfast onboard . We had the charming Prince Keith Campbell. He was definitely our favorite waiter. He is a cruise veteran . He was charismatic , funny and informative.we had the chocolate pancakes, omelette, and the multigrain waffle. All very very D-Lish. As we ate breakfast we watched the Escape move in to the pier and get anchored for the day.

b6fe1d9776e586119bb5b2a7e8129c00.jpg

59f1f0b76f27b35105747b1069dd08a6.jpg

5aa95bc3d7aa85ea079a2177e4930471.jpg

https://vimeo.com/179993400

After breakfast we went to deck 4 to go visit the shops before our excursion. DD enjoyed watching a local paint. She thought he had some real talent.

We were to meet on the pier at 19:20 at Group 4. They checked us in and gave us all wrist bands. When you leave there is a mass of people. You are randomly placed on little buses. This group will be your tour group. Not necessarily same bus driver throughout the day. Our tour guide rode with us and talked as we rode about Roatan . Her name was Kelly Bodden. There is one road that makes a circle around the island . We were on the Tabyana Gumbalimba Preseve Tour. FYI there is zip lim place at the pier, on the way to GR and at GR. After a fairly short ride you arrive at GR. Have $3 ready for the locker you pay in gift shop. And is big enough for your beach bag. Nothing stays on bus because you may be on different one. So you could tip up to 3 different bus drivers if you choose to and the tour guide. She gave us 10-15min to get locker and use facilities(women this is not a full service one if you know what I mean)

Then you go off on your tour.

45db3ceb2a0e2bbf09fcb0e2cc3897bf.jpg

7fedcae1dc66be30dc75020d6c9f9e49.jpg

566f309ff196da70743d1a0626284aab.jpg

Then onto the swinging bridge. There is chicken bridge too. We had some older ladies who struggled keeping up with the tour. They went over the bridge. My DH started freaking when we were in the middle over the green muddy pond and the bridge was swaying. Really too many on the bridge at that time. He is not fond of heights.

aa9aae5442e0f32afee4332f162a658b.jpg

19bab93feba5f5a0fb5082d9850ce50e.jpg

The bird eating the top button on my DS's cap. He was not so happy about this. So not cap may have been better.

Then off to the monkeys.

8d2176551dfc5c1cf26d84cb0b0e85d9.jpg

229385cfb3e823d4296fe14be85d02f0.jpg

35ce3571720ca71b8c711101d9eb3e48.jpg

The newborn . It was so adorable watching them take care of him.

d2c620718eb3271a582e6bb75daf29e4.jpg

They feed the monkeys sunflower seeds . He was dropping them in my hair and cleaning them out. I did not know that they had them in their hands. I thought he was pooing on me. Everyone got a chuckle out of that. We could have stood there all day letting them climb on us.

ce1d42bc592df0554eb3bc032427e84b.jpg

Monkey hangout.

The trail after the monkeys is hard to walk on. It is a weaved concrete pattern. Where good shoes so you don't twist your ankle. The olde ladies had to go back the way we came it was too hard for them to walk on. GR is not wheelchair friendly.

You go into a cave and a building with insects mounted on boards. Also almond trees. My DD had lots of either bug bites or hives (allergy to nuts). We forgot the bug spray . Lucky me the bugs did not like my glucose blood. DS and DH had bites too.

After the tour you go back use facilities and get stuff from locker and return key. You can buy photos $40'per person. We did not took our own. We just took a break and was looking at the bats( son has pic I will get)

This is when you tip guide she takes you to the bus and stays.

It is about 5-10 min to Tabyana. Crystal clear water

ab0aff5ba1a78e79195494aaab2850a3.jpg

When you arrive they will tell you where everything is.

After a quick run into the gift shop for some needs. We met up with DH and DS for lunch. We did not get a locker. They have security who watch the chairs and the stuff. They take tips too.

a87301eb24f339cb590a33c9e1a38b3a.jpg

Lunch

dbaf47a07fdb1a464914b95955b71ada.jpg

2430e9709d4b316cb484113d99f49cca.jpg

f9aa645f2c4957571261fdb12f8b97f3.jpg

Can you see the little feeder fish?

You can leave when you want it was about 3:45 when we left and most others too.

About 20-30 min ride back to pier .

Any H2O you take off will be staying off the ship weather you drink it or not . It gets thrown away. Which really bothered me because the people of the island could really use it. Why not have an unopened bottle recycle area. We never drank what all we took. But was hot in Roatan and came close to drinking it all.

Dinner was Taste. With the worst waiters we had all week. I think his name was Norman. Now you have to understand I tell hostess every night, waiter and wait staff and it is on card somehow and not to mention the big Epi pen laying on the table. I could not get my kids to preorder ever. That night they put bread on table. That basket had rolls with nuts in. DD must worry about crosscontamination . She ate first piece French baguette and ate second and discovered the nuts. Benadryl immediately for DD.This wait staff took the allergy very nonseriously.

Remember that brand new key card. I ordered a latte. They needed to swipe my card. Come back and says card failed. So after dinner I am off to guest services. Apparently when they deactivated my account they never reactivated it because I had not found the other card. When I said I did she immediately reactivated the card.

Now for some after dinner fun. We had decided we would go see Scotty Cavanugh Comedy Juggler at 9. We went early because this is a family show in the small venue of the supper club (which is the old comedy venue) . Fills up very fast. No reservation needed. His show is every night. He was very talented and funny. Some of his comedy was very corny because this is a family show . And he is limited with his juggling because honestly he is in the wrong venue. Escape stage would be much better. And more could attend .

At the show I had one of those Mango drinks. Yummy! $12.95

After the show we head for Headliners to listen to Howl at the Moon. We went also on Fri. Two very musically talented guys. Can play just about anything and make it into a fun song. They take request but have some staple songs too. Tipped songs get played quicker. As our excursion in Belize had a 7:50 meet time we left early around 10:30-10:45.

f581e5a0749be393e721c49333c7cde0.jpg

f607bbd50873cdcb857be4a96b5f6c91.98ae2d4fc2.jpg

04452e311bc4b5eda902f5ad4122296a.jpg

8e55c20eccfa11c0d5195a5151ec3615.jpg

This is the tender tentative schedule. If you have an excursion through NCL you do not need to do anything. Your excursion ticket is your tender ticket.

You more than likely will be meeting in the Manhattan Room. Those going ashore by self or on a land bought excursion must get a tender ticket. I would do as soon as possible because they fill quickly. I heard of people canceling their land excursions who could not get into the tender they needed. If you are doing Lamani you must be in that 1st tender or you will never make it back in time.Lamani tour is the first tender for NCL. So if there are a lot who bought through them you may not get on that tender. It is limited seating for group A. NCL takes 3 bus loads to Lamani. You can get tender ticket either on your TV or the NCL app.

If you are not going ashore this need not bother you. The tender is a 15min ride and it can be rough. I saw one person get seasick from it.