Are you using silk flowers?

Given the very strict rules regarding bring flowers, fruit and stuff off the ship I was wondering if any of you were opting to go with silk flowers for your bouquets? I really wanted to be able to keep my wedding bouquet and even though the wedding package comes with real flowers I've been seriously thinking of going with silk ones. Any suggestions on good places to get silk bouquets and how are you getting them to the ship?

Hi:

First I would like to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding. Cruise weddings/vow renewals are wonderful. I hope you'll have a great day!

I had my 10 year vow renewal on Voyager of the Seas in July. The package did include real flowers (three long stem white roses) but due to me wearing my complete wedding attire I chose to have silk flowers. We hired the photographer for an extra hour to have pictures on the ship so that was another reason for having them and something that I could keep as well.

I had my silk flowers made at ACMoore when they had their 50 percent off sale and they came out beautiful! I did some research on the web for bouquet designs and found one that I absolutely loved. The colors were vibrant and tropical. I printed out the picture and gave it to the woman at the store and no problem. We had to change one of the flowers but actually it came out better than expected.

I packed my flowers in my luggage to protect them. If that didn't work I was going to place them in a white garbage bag and hang them with my gown since the bag was large enough to fit it. Worse case you can carry them on board in a large shopping bag which would have been my third choice.

Best of luck and I hope everything will go smoothly for you.

I used silk flowers and was extremely pleased. Fortunately, I have an incredibly talented sister who created beautiful and unique bouquets for the entire wedding party. So it was also a huge cost saver. Plus, it was a nice souvenir for the bridesmaids.

Before my sister "volunteered", I did some research on other sites. Some of them are listed below:

www.thebridesbouquet.com

www.perfectposies.com

www.elegantbridalbouquets.com

www.weddingsandflowers.com

And you should check out eBay. Most of these places will do a single bouquet, or a package for flowers for entire wedding party. There a so many options that I am sure you will find something lovely.

Thank you for the great suggestions. While I do have a talented sister she's not talented with silk flowers. ;) I took at look at the sites suggested and also tried hibiscusflorals.com, there I found a bouquet I really love but it wasn't offered as a package and the companiy's based in Canada so I imagin shipping would be high. I then remebered the suggestion made to take a picture of what I wanted to a local craft store and see if they could recreate the bouquet. Sure enough MJ Designs and Michael's can both do it! Thank you so much for all your help and I have decided to definately go silk!:D

Thank you for the great suggestions. While I do have a talented sister she's not talented with silk flowers. ;) I took at look at the sites suggested and also tried hibiscusflorals.com, there I found a bouquet I really love but it wasn't offered as a package and the companiy's based in Canada so I imagin shipping would be high. I then remebered the suggestion made to take a picture of what I wanted to a local craft store and see if they could recreate the bouquet. Sure enough MJ Designs and Michael's can both do it! Thank you so much for all your help and I have decided to definately go silk!:D

• 4 weeks later...
I'm a big ebay fan, just go to keyword "weddings" and everything is there. They have some beautiful flower packages. I'm buying everything from the invitations, flowers and dress on ebay. I'm hopelessly addicted! ;)

Thanks for the idea and I'll give it a try. :) So far I have found two silk bouquets I really like, but since I have the extra time I might as well check out a few more!:)

I used a silk florist for my bridal bouquet and I loved it! it was an all stephanotis bouquet that would have cost me a fortune if it was real.

www.somethinigspectacular.com

She works with each person on an individual basis and works within any budget! She was wonderful to work with!

Tell her Ashley & Charlotte from Richmond referred you! :-)

Hope this helps!

Ashley

(Mrs. Sgriff17)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got married on the RCCL cruise. The flower that include in the package is horrified. I would recommended you to bring your own silk flowers.

We went to AC Moore. They did a fantastic job. I did a bouquet for my self, 4 bridemaids, 3 flowers girls, 1 boutenier for the groom, 4 bouteniers for groommen, 30 bouteniers for guests for the price of $173.00.

I bought the styform to insert the flowers into, so they would fall down and ruin them and I pack them into a carton box to bring to the cruise with me as one of my carry on luggage. They looks really good.

If you want to see how they look. Please give me your email . I will email the picture to you.

I just got married on the RCCL cruise. The flower that include in the package is horrified. I would recommended you to bring your own silk flowers.

We went to AC Moore. They did a fantastic job. I did a bouquet for my self, 4 bridemaids, 3 flowers girls, 1 boutenier for the groom, 4 bouteniers for groommen, 30 bouteniers for guests for the price of $173.00.

I bought the styform to insert the flowers into, so they would fall down and ruin them and I pack them into a carton box to bring to the cruise with me as one of my carry on luggage. They looks really good.

If you want to see how they look. Please give me your email . I will email the picture to you.

Can you please send me the pictures of your flowers? My email address is: Shall7574@mail.com. Anyone else who has pictures of their silk flower bouquets can send me pictures too if they would like to.:)

Archived