Dream or breeze

landshark1980

Which ship is better for a 7 DAY CRUISE One leaves from Nola the other leaves out of Galveston , both ports are the same distance from my location , Im just trying to figure out which ship will be better for our first cruise, we are a family of four, Thank you for the help and info :)

It depends when you are sailing and how you will get there.

The Breeze is a better and newer ship. However sailing out of Galveston can be difficult if you are flying in and have to shuttle to/from airport. The port is also prone to fog delays certain times of year.

The Dream will receive some upgrades after its February dry dock bringing it closer in comparison to the Breeze. New Orleans is pretty easy to sail from.

Then you can compare the ports. Are they the same or does one itinerary seem better?

We sailed on both Dream & Breeze when they were newer. Dream is our favorite CCL ship so far. I'm not sure why... I liked the décor better, at the time the crew were great, shows were great...

We've also sailed out of Galveston with fog delaying our boarding. We did the Dream reposition to Nola & have not sailed from Nola. Since that was Nola's 1st experience with the Dream, docking & debarkation was a bit of a mess. But I am sure they have that all figured out by now.

Good luck in your choice- both ships were great IMO, we just liked the Dream a bit better.

Another vote for the Breeze!!!:D:D

We've been on her twice, and she is our favorite.

While I have NOT been on the Dream, I know the Breeze has more to offer.

For next year, I thought for sure we'd go Vista, but the more I looked at it, I ended up choosing the Magic out of Port Canaveral.:eek:

Not a fan of the atrium on the Vista.......:o

I will be on board the Breeze 09/11/2016. I was on board Breeze 07/10/2016. I was on board the Dream 4/172016. I am a Platnum cruiser and I also am a stockholder with Carnival. Of all of the Carnival Ships that I have sailed the Carnival Dream is the worst experience I have had. I would not go on that cruise if it were free! Sucks a watermelon thru a garden hose!

I will be on board the Breeze 09/11/2016. I was on board Breeze 07/10/2016. I was on board the Dream 4/172016. I am a Platnum cruiser and I also am a stockholder with Carnival. Of all of the Carnival Ships that I have sailed the Carnival Dream is the worst experience I have had. I would not go on that cruise if it were free! Sucks a watermelon thru a garden hose!

Also...I was a stock holder with shares of 100+ in Carnival. The investor information states that any stockholder with 100 shares or more will receive an on board credit of $100.00 on any cruise. I did not receive the credit for my 7/10/2016 cruise and I have now sold that stock. I do not like to be ripped off by anyone! I enjoy sailing with Carnival but they will rip you off in a heartbeat! Be aware of their thieving ways!

Also...I was a stock holder with shares of 100+ in Carnival. The investor information states that any stockholder with 100 shares or more will receive an on board credit of $100.00 on any cruise. I did not receive the credit for my 7/10/2016 cruise and I have now sold that stock. I do not like to be ripped off by anyone! I enjoy sailing with Carnival but they will rip you off in a heartbeat! Be aware of their thieving ways!

Why were you denied? Other than a free cruise, I have always received my on board credits for being a shareholder.

Cruising on both soon, but if I had to choose, I would choose the Breeze, because I know she has the 2.0 upgrades. Guy's burger seals the deal for me. LOL

I have to admit, I never thought Guy's Burgers would be that big a deal. Was I wrong....

If both ships left from the same port, I'd take the Breeze but they're not and factoring in getting to the respective ports, I'd pick the Dream.

NO is far easier to get to if you're only arriving the day of the cruise and leaving as soon as you get back.

Now if you're staying a few days pre/post cruise without having to rush to/from the airport, that's an interesting call as there is plenty to do around NO and you'll most likely stay in Houston (rather than Galveston) which has plenty to do as well. That's a harder call.

Have a great cruise, whichever you pick!

Why were you denied? Other than a free cruise, I have always received my on board credits for being a shareholder.

I sent them a copy of my stock information about a month before the cruise. I have never been denied the $100.00 credit before. The Carnival stock does not pay much of a dividend and the only reason I kept it was because of the on board credit of $100.00 that I used each of about four cruises each year. Well I sold that crap and bought shares in a different company.

How does one exactly DO that?:eek::eek::D:D

This actually made me laugh out loud, although, we WERE looking at the Dream..........

lol

Glad we went with the Magic........:D

Which ship is better for a 7 DAY CRUISE One leaves from Nola the other leaves out of Galveston , both ports are the same distance from my location , Im just trying to figure out which ship will be better for our first cruise, we are a family of four, Thank you for the help and info :)

Breeze because it's newer.

Ok...just found out that the last cruise where I was denied my $100.00 credit was because I booked with my lady partner who was booking us on a reduced rate cruise. She and her sister and a few others cruise and cruise and cruise. The sister typically gets her cruises free from Carnival. She sits at the slot machine for most of the cruise! LOL...lady friend just returned from Western Caribbean last week. She is booked for Alaska and the Caribbean once more before the end of the year. I am booked aboard the Breeze in about 18 days. As you can see....as a group we sail a lot. I can live without the $100.00 credit but it does piss me off a bit! LOL (it is nice that the lady friend's sister always gets us the steakhouse and Italian restaurant each cruise for free...Carnival does make me mad at times but I really love them!