More than one shore excursion in a day? (Limon)

JLDMED

Has anyone ever scheduled two shore excursions in one day? I cannot decide between two excursions in Puerto Limon -- and see that they are both offered in the morning, and in the afternoon. I don't care about being tired (how often am I in Costa Rica??), but would like to know if it is actually possible to book in this manner. The tours I am interested in are the Rainforest Wagon Experience, and the Sloth Sanctuary and Canoe Adventure. I want to really feel like I am experiencing the rain forest. Will I accomplish that with these excursions? I will post this in the Costa Rica port section as well, but it seems like there is not much traffic there -- hence, fewer responses.

On the thread about best and worst excursions, here on Celebrity, someone stated that the worst excursion they ever did was the "Wagon thing" in Costa Rica. I suggest you check out the Costa Rica port call threads and then book with Oscar Brown. After the 5-6 hour tour with him and his sister, Carol, I want to return to Costa Rica for a land-based vacation soon. I loved the place!

As long as you have time for food between (or on) excursions, you can do it. You do have to plan according to your own physical limitations or demands. We've done 2 excursions a couple of days in Alaska and always had time to return to the ship for lunch and to put our feet up (we're in our 60s) or had made arrangements for transportation from one (like a helicopter ride) to the next one that did not conflict with a meal time. You do feel like you are experiencing the port more when you are out there, rather than just lounging on the ship. Go for it.

Archived