Alternative Daily Menu

DDMiller

We have recently signed up for our first Celebrity cruise next June on Mercury. My DW is not very adventurous when it comes to food and will often order a grilled chicken breast or salmon off of the daily alternative menu on other cruise lines. Does Celebrity offer daily alternative? If so, what do they offer? Any help is appreciated. :)

In the dining room on any night you can order a steak, salmon, grilled chicken, baked potatoe, shrimp cocktail and a lettuce & tomatoe salad. If you are talking about the alternative dining venue offered on Deck 11 Aft - they have 3 different menus that they alternate but all feature a steak and chicken dish. We just came off our 10th cruise with Celebrity and are extemely plain eaters. We frequently order off of the menu but ask that any sauces or "stuff" be left off. The veal and beef selections were excellent served "plain". Our waiters have always been very in tune with what would be a good selection once I explained that we did not like any spicy, heavily seasoned, or "saucy". The pizza, pasta and salad bar are now available from noon to 1 AM. For lunch my husband frequently made a large salad and got a fresh made sandwich (all the way aft) and I loved the pasta with marinara sauce. I think you will find many delicious choices.

Thanks for your reply. The alternatives in the dining room are what I was wondering about. DW grew up in a family where pepper was considered risky. I grew up with Tabasco and Jalapenos on the table every night. Combining our cooking styles has been an adventure. Thanks again.

Archived