Carnival Pride Bahamas cruise excursions

RandomUser123

My wife and I and our 2 year old son will be sailing on the October 16th Carnival Pride cruise to the Bahamas. In terms of booking excursions is it recommended to book online or can we do it on the ship with no issues. All we would be looking for are just transfers to beaches (i.e. Cocoa Beach for Port Canaveral and whatever good beach for Nassau and Freeport).

I am very excited about this cruise as this will be our first real vacation since we had the kid so I want to get it right!

We were on the Pride last month and they were announcing transfers to Cocoa Beach at Port Canaveral the morning we docked. I believe they left at 9, 10, 11 and returned at 1, 2, and 3. No need to book that ahead of time.

In Nassau we did the British Colonial which we and my DS (5) really enjoyed. We did reserve this ahead of time, but I have read on here you can walk up the same day. We chose this so we didn't have to deal with a taxi without a car seat. It is walking distance from the port. I'm not sure of any beach breaks through the ship and how full they were.

In Freeport, I advice you to book through the ship since you're only there until 1. We booked the Family Beach Day and it was OK. There were people that booked that excursion on board and not ahead of time. There were taxis, but I wouldn't risk it, especially since the closet beach it 15/20 minutes away. Our excursion was easily 30 minutes late, we were the one of the last on board, but because it was through Carnival they waited for us!

Have fun!

We did the that same itinerary on Pride a couple of years ago. Booked an excursion thru Carnival in Port Canaveral - we went to Epcot. I concur with the previous poster: the British Colonial Hilton is a great way to spend time in Nassau. It's walking distance and you can walk in and buy the day passes, which are $65 but $45 of that is a food voucher. The beach is very quiet and protected (no waves) so perfect for your 2yo. There's also a pool. Freeport is almost not worth getting off the ship, but if you do there are vans that will run you to the beach area and shopping, and you pay for the round trip so you'll just use the vans again on the way back. Have fun!

Just got off the Pride two week ago. We took the airboat ride,shopping in Cocoa Beach, and Cocoa Beach. We enjoyed the airboat ride and the beach. Skip the shopping. If you want some beach time, just take the shuttle to Cocoa Beach.

Good luck in Nassau. We were not impressed with the town. We considered doing the British Colonial. For a day at the beach, this would be a great choice. Part of a James Bond movie was filmed at their beach.

For Freeport, I highly recommend the jeep adventure. Our T.A. recommended

this tour. She was spot on. Skip the tourist traps downtown.

The British Colonial Hilton in Nassau sounds like a great idea. Quick question (I suppose I could call or email the hotel asking this as well) but do they provide beach towels, umbrellas, beach chairs and a changing room?

Edited by RandomUser123

The British Colonial Hilton in Nassau sounds like a great idea. Quick question (I suppose I could call or email the hotel asking this as well) but do they provide beach towels, umbrellas, beach chairs and a changing room?

Yes to all the above, although I think we brought beach towels off the ship. There are some straw thatch palapas on the beach with chairs under them, and most of the other chairs have clamshell awnings. There is an outdoor shower and changing rooms/restrooms at the beach too. Oh, and a bar!:D

We were on the Pride last month and they were announcing transfers to Cocoa Beach at Port Canaveral the morning we docked. I believe they left at 9, 10, 11 and returned at 1, 2, and 3. No need to book that ahead of time.

In Nassau we did the British Colonial which we and my DS (5) really enjoyed. We did reserve this ahead of time, but I have read on here you can walk up the same day. We chose this so we didn't have to deal with a taxi without a car seat. It is walking distance from the port. I'm not sure of any beach breaks through the ship and how full they were.

In Freeport, I advice you to book through the ship since you're only there until 1. We booked the Family Beach Day and it was OK. There were people that booked that excursion on board and not ahead of time. There were taxis, but I wouldn't risk it, especially since the closet beach it 15/20 minutes away. Our excursion was easily 30 minutes late, we were the one of the last on board, but because it was through Carnival they waited for us!

Have fun!

Do you recall the price for the CoCoa Beach Shuttle? We are on the Pide for Halloween and trying to plan and budget. We were also looking at the Family Beach Day, were there any older kids there like 9-12yo's?

I agree. Docking time in port are at times neglected when cheaper private tours are chosen, and for unforeseen reason, return to port is delayed.

Do you recall the price for the CoCoa Beach Shuttle? We are on the Pide for Halloween and trying to plan and budget. We were also looking at the Family Beach Day, were there any older kids there like 9-12yo's?
I too would like to know the price. Traveling with 3 in Nov. trying to decide if the shuttle will be a better option then a taxi.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they supply everything.....it was great