Carnival Short Break

Thanking of taking elderly parents on a short 5 day break on Carnival Spirit, would this cruise ship suitable?

If they have mobility issues, all ships maybe a problem. Ships are huge for those who can not walk far, consider getting them a modified room and renting them wheelchairs or scooters. Contact special needs department to answer any questions or requests they may have BEFORE getting a cabin for them.

If they have mobility issues, all ships maybe a problem. Ships are huge for those who can not walk far, consider getting them a modified room and renting them wheelchairs or scooters. Contact special needs department to answer any questions or requests they may have BEFORE getting a cabin for them.

Thanks PattBenatar, they are both mobile however I was slightly concerned whether it may be something of a 'party' ship:eek:

Thanks PattBenatar, they are both mobile however I was slightly concerned whether it may be something of a 'party' ship:eek:

They are all party ships. Shorter the cruise more party animals. You can avoid the drunks, so I think they will be fine.

the shorter the cruise, especially if over a weekend, the more 'lively' the crowd will likely be. cruises while school is out will have more kids and families. 'the fun ships' is carnival's thing, but that doesn't mean it's all 'booze cruise'.

that said, i do not and i bet a lot here don't know exactly what the australian demographic is like on the spirit cruises down under.

Spirit class is a very easy ship to get around. Public areas are on Decks 2, 3, 9 and above. Deck 4 forward has access to the showroom. Deck 1 forward is the comedy lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our experiences sailing from the US---

A Monday thru Friday cruise in low season won't be as crowded or as wild as a cruise over a holiday or when schools are on break. These cruises are usually at a lower cost.

Doesn't always work out though. One cruise we expected hardly any kids, there were 'billions' of them onboard. It was Fall Break in Arizona, seemed like the whole state was onboard with us. California schools do not schedule a fall break.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've been on 3, 4 and 5 day cruises during the week and over the weekends, I do not drink and honestly can't stand the party crowd. I have sailed only during summer months due to kids being in school and have yet to sail on anything I would consider a booze or party cruise. I don't know where all of these big party ships are but I sure haven't seen one. I've been out of Mobile, NO and PC and yes there are always a few drunks on board but never anything that I would consider a drunken party atmosphere and I'm pretty darn sensitive about that sort of thing.

Obviously if you sign up on an official booze cruise expect it but in general unless you are going out over spring break or major party holiday I wouldn't expect a big party scene unless you happen onto a chartered ship and with a party crowd and you just didnt' know it, unfortunately it happens from time to time. One big group takes over a ship and there's not a lot you can do to prevent that.