HAL pre-cruise docs?

jimbug

I've only sailed Princess before, and approximately 3-4 months before your cruise, they will send out a wonderful packet filled with shore excursion brochurse, and a "before you cruise" information book. Not that it's anything you can't find online, but it's just fun to get in the mail and makes the cruise seem "real." :)

Does HAL send out anything like this prior to sending out the actual docs? When do the shore excursion brochures come? One of my travelmates is not too internet-savvy, so she likes to look at the paper brochures to make her selections.

Thanks!

No, Holland America does not send out anything in advance of your travel documents. Contained in the dark blue wallet will be your cruise contract (ticket), luggage tags, "Know Before You Go" booklet, shore ex book, immigration forms (that can be completed online), and charge card authorization to have ready at check-in.

The shore ex books are all online in PDF format. Perhaps you could save the file onto a disk that your friend can open on her computer to see what tours are available. They may then be booked online (a good idea) and paid for with a credit card. This is different from Princess who just takes the booking and puts the charges on your shipboard account. I really like paying for them up front. Makes the bills after the cruise lower. ;)

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know. Happy cruising!

Archived