Just off Jewel - Greek Isles -Any questions?

Just finished a 7 night Greek Isles cruise on Jewel 8/14/16. After months of planning and anticipation, was an amazing vacation.

Arrived in Rome the day before, staying at Hotel Alimandi Vaticano which was so conveniently located across the street from the Vatican which was perfect for our half day tour there. Hotel came with a beautiful breakfast. We did a 3 hour walking Vatican tour with our tour guide Massimo from Easitaly Tours, who was fantastic!!

We used Stefano Rome cabs for transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to port. The ride to the port only took 50 mins, we arrived at the port at 11:00 and were on the ship by 11:15. The process was so quick and easy.

The ship is beautiful and the staff was incredible. The diamond lounge concierge was so helpful although only has another week left before his 3 month vacation. As I get my pictures uploaded I will try and post the ports and detail the excursions we did, but feel free to ask any questions.

Was truly one of the best cruises we have ever done!! So sad to be home!!

Welcome back! We are heading out on the next sailing on Sunday. I would love to hear about your entire trip but most especially about your visit to both Santorini and Mykonos.

How was the tendering?

Any tips/tricks to share on any portion of the trip?

So pleased to hear you loved it and had a great time! Really excited as we fly out on Friday night to Rome. Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

In Santorini, we booked the excursion to Oia which I highly recommend. You are first off the ship and do not need to worry about getting a tender ticket. If you do not book a tour, you needed to go to the dining room on deck 5 on Tuesday morning from 9 to 11 to get a tender ticket number. We docked in Santorini around 12:30. People without tours had to wait in any public area on deck 4 for their numbers to be called. For people with tours we met in the theater and were taken off the ship first.

The tour to Oia is amazing!! It's a bus ride for 30 mins to village of Oia where the views are unbelievable.

After Oia, you are taken to a beautiful winery and then driven back to the town of Fira with plenty of time to shop, eat etc. We ate dinner there at a beautiful restaurant called Argo. We took the cable cars back around 7:30pm which was a good time as there was absolutely no lines. We got to see the sun come down as we sailed back on the tender. I think more people try and leave closer to 6 and lines can be very long. After cable car, you take tender back to ship.

I'm trying to figure out how to insert photos, first time doing this.

They told us we would be tendering in Mykenos but when we arrived that morning we were docked at the old port. You simply walked off. Those taking tours got on the bus and those without tours took a sea taxi for 2 euro a person to the town. We booked the excursion to Galafatis beach. Was a 30 mins bus ride and beach is beautiful but very quiet. The beach chairs are 10 euro to rent with an umbrella. There is a restaurant but didn't open until 11:00 and we weren't really hungry. The bus leaves at 1:00pm. you return to the town with plenty time also to eat lunch and shop. If you are looking for more action I would suggest taking cab to Paradise beach but I have heard it is very difficult to get a cab back.

The town in Mykenos is adorable and lunch was delicious. Get a Frappe, a Greek iced coffee.

Greek Princess - Did you do the Island of Santorini and Village of Ola with or without the Italian guide? Also, we get in at 7:00 a.m. and it looks like they leave at 7:15 or one has another at 11:30. Which did you/would you recommend? We're shops open at 7-8:00?

Just finished a 7 night Greek Isles cruise on Jewel 8/14/16. After months of planning and anticipation, was an amazing vacation.

Arrived in Rome the day before, staying at Hotel Alimandi Vaticano which was so conveniently located across the street from the Vatican which was perfect for our half day tour there. Hotel came with a beautiful breakfast. We did a 3 hour walking Vatican tour with our tour guide Massimo from Easitaly Tours, who was fantastic!!

We used Stefano Rome cabs for transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to port. The ride to the port only took 50 mins, we arrived at the port at 11:00 and were on the ship by 11:15. The process was so quick and easy.

The ship is beautiful and the staff was incredible. The diamond lounge concierge was so helpful although only has another week left before his 3 month vacation. As I get my pictures uploaded I will try and post the ports and detail the excursions we did, but feel free to ask any questions.

So pleased to hear that you had a fabulous cruise - we have this same cruise booked for next summer. Was the Diamond Concierge Effran ? and if so do you know if he is coming back to the Jewel ?

What time did you get off the ship when you returned to Rome?

The week we went, the ship docked at 12:30pm, so the only excursion for Oia offered was a 1:15 tour. Not sure how early in the am the shops would be open.

As far as times, going in August, the hottest time of day was 12-3. We definitely were sweating on our tour, I would say the earlier the better for a tour. What month are you sailing?