Is there a policy on, um, crew/passenger "flings"?

I know they have cameras watching their staterooms so no passenger goes in. I have seen them flirt in the ports, but hey its their own time. Princess is far worse then RCCL. The officers always hang out at the club every night. They could at least blend and put on regular clothes.

Years ago my father dated a cruise director on an RCI ship. This was in the early 80's so the atmosphere was different. They were sure serious about the relationship and we almost had a cruise director for a step mother! It was an interested three year time. In the end she did not want to live in the US and my father eventually married someone from a town pretty close to ours but it is an interesting story and how I got into cruising. He took me with him to meet her.

Now a days it is not allowed. You can be fired for interaction with teh passengers. I would not think being put off in some port worth it, especially when there are crew members you can date but it's amazing what people will do for a little recreation, if you know what I mean?

My DW and I had invited our C&A Loyalty Ambassador in for a glass of wine after she got off of work, and she had to have the Captains permission. Now, if the Captain finds someone that he would like to have back to his cabin,............well............he's the Captain!

There is much romance between the crew, much less between crew and passengers. The "no frat" rules are in place, and some get away with it and some get fired! Ahhhh.....life on a cruise ship!

Rick

Archived