Thomson majesty moorish delights shuttle buses

Has anyone been on the Moorish Delights cruise? Did any of the ports use shuttle buses into the town and did Thomson charge for them?

Can only speak for Tangier, Huelva and Gibraltar.

No Thomson shuttles provided in any of these ports (June this year). However:-

No shuttle bus provided at Tangier but an easy walk or short taxi ride into the centre.

Huelva - free shuttle buses provided by the port authorities; a pretty uninteresting 15-20 minute journey into the city centre.

Gibraltar - shuttle minibuses provided by the port authorities to Casemate Square approx. £3 one way or £4 return; walking takes 15-20 minutes. Still a long walk up Main Street from Casemate Square to the cable car station so, if you are heading for there, a taxi is a better option or book one of the minibus tours when you leave the cruise terminal building after disembarking the ship (much better value than booking a Thomson excursion).

Edited by campolady

Can only speak for Tangier, Huelva and Gibraltar.

No Thomson shuttles provided in any of these ports (June this year). However:-

No shuttle bus provided at Tangier but an easy walk or short taxi ride into the centre.

Huelva - free shuttle buses provided by the port authorities; a pretty uninteresting 15-20 minute journey into the city centre.

Gibraltar - shuttle minibuses provided by the port authorities to Casemate Square approx. £3 one way or £4 return; walking takes 15-20 minutes. Still a long walk up Main Street from Casemate Square to the cable car station so, if you are heading for there, a taxi is a better option or book one of the minibus tours when you leave the cruise terminal building after disembarking the ship (much better value than booking a Thomson excursion).

Thank you. Huelva was my main concern as I'd read the port was a long way from the city and I always feel that the amount charged by ships that charge for their shuttles is somewhat exorbitant. (A recent example NCL charging 50 US dollars for a family of 4 to go into Marseilles when the port provides a free shuttle bus hidden around a corner from the ship!)

I didn't get the bus into Huevla, I used it as a ship day - one thing I did notice is that there was quite a queue for the bus, as the morning progressed... So you might want to get there early (or be prepared for a wait). There is also no port building, just a marquee type affair. There were some taxi's lurking

I didn't get the bus into Huevla, I used it as a ship day - one thing I did notice is that there was quite a queue for the bus, as the morning progressed... So you might want to get there early (or be prepared for a wait). There is also no port building, just a marquee type affair. There were some taxi's lurking

Thank you

Hi Horwich, how did the 2nd week of your majesty cruise go, was it Treasures of the med, if so what was it like as we are going on Tuesday, also did many people make the effort on formal night.