Long Beach, Mobile, and Fort Lauderdale added to Staggered Check

annabell08

I just got an email from CCL yesterday about my Dec. 3 cruise out of Mobile. It said we needed to go to the check-in area of our acct for this sailing and choose our check-in window (30 minute time frame). The earliest for Mobile was 11:00, so that is what I got.

The email also said boarding would not start until 12:30. So, guess they plan to have "3 waves" of people fully checked/signed in with sail and sign cards in hand ready to all board at 12:30!

The letter states that you must have this info available, either on your printed or mobile boarding pass, to even enter the cruise terminal. It states that if someone arrives before their designated check-in time on their booking, they will not be allowed into the cruise terminal. Will be sent away to come back at their designated time. The letter says this will be strictly enforced.

EXCEPTION---Those with Priority (Diamond, Platinum, or suites) or FTTF purchased must choose their online check-in time, "but are invited to come at their leisure."

Have any of you received this email also? I was surprised to see an email from CCL and held my breath a bit--hoping it was the "we are moving you to a suite for free" Fairy! Nope, just the Check-In Elf. :D

NO one is complaining about "staggered check in".

Some of us are complaining that it is starting too late in Long Beach.

There are other ports where the first slot is 10:30 or 11AM.

Remember these times are just for checking in.

Who knows what time we'll be on the ship now with such a late start for the process???

Other ports have indoor waiting areas. Long Beach doesn't. On the bright side, The parking structure will be less of a c**********.

Isn't normal sailing time out of LB 4:30 -5 pm? If so, if you start boarding at 1, that is plenty of time to load the ship

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The shorter cruises leave at 6.

Edited by SadieN

The 12:30 check in time at LB is ridiculous. Why not start earlier and then you can thin out the herd even more. This means the earliest you will be boarding the ship is 1pm. Crazy. I mean on our upcoming NCL Jewel cruise out of San Pedro we have 9:30 - 10am time slot to check in. Just don't understand the late time.

The 12:30 check in time at LB is ridiculous. Why not start earlier and then you can thin out the herd even more. This means the earliest you will be boarding the ship is 1pm. Crazy. I mean on our upcoming NCL Jewel cruise out of San Pedro we have 9:30 - 10am time slot to check in. Just don't understand the late time.

Gives the crew plenty of time to get ship ready....you don't have all the luggage strewn over the Lido deck waiting for rooms to be ready....Board at 1 pm and most rooms will be ready at that time. With the later embark time, there is still plenty of time to get ship ready for sail time. It's a good move

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten