The Typical Celebrity Cruises

SS Cruise Lady

We will take our lst Celebrity Cruise this coming February. We have been cruising since 1979 and LOVE IT.

I have learned soooooooooo much from the boards, I tell all my friends when they cruise to "log on to Cruise Critic" and ask anything you want -- you will get the answers here !!

I don't Cruise without checking with Cruise Critic

I took my first Celebrity cruise before I began to visit these boards regularly. I found the passengers on that cruise to be no different than any other large group of fairly randomly selected people. Some great people, some in between people and some duds. Given that I found the people to be largely the same as I would anywhere, my choice to make Celebrity my "cruiseline home" was based on the service, food and the ship itself. These boards played no role in my choice.

So- when I began to visit and read here regularly I was quite surprised to hear that many feel- that there is a typical Celebrity passenger- a quiet, refined, well dressed, man/woman about town who is always discerning about food and drink. If that is the "Celebrity Pasenger",then there are probably Celebrity Passengers on every line.

I have to think that many of the points made previously are true- tone of voice and body language mean a great deal in comprehension. Posters here are quite committed to cruising in general and Celebrity in particular. Most posters who get very involved in controversial issues seem to be experienced cruisers. While experience is a good thing, it also colours your view of the overall picture. We newer cruisers are more impressed by the amazing experience that crusing can be, and are less likely to be focussing on details.

But I also think that anonymity may be a factor. Most of us probably feel more free to express a sharp opinion if we know that the recipient has very little chance of ever meeting us. This feeling seems to be borne out by the opinions expressed about Roll Calls.The group on my Roll Call have been unfailing helpful and friendly. If most Roll Calls are this way- is it because we will meet???

Finally- I wanted to say that even though you do have to separate the dross from the gold-these boards are a fantastic resource. I have learned a great deal- when to pack, how to pack, where to go, where to eat, when to cruise, when to book a cruise etc, etc, etc,....... There are some posters I will always read for a laugh or a well reasoned opinion and some I always avoid.

Sorry-didn't mean to sermonize. The meaning of life will be covered in a future post.:)

Archived