Allure Western Carribean Ports

Smyles

Hello,

Can anyone tell me which of these Ports of Calls would have a beach right within walking distance of leaving the ship? We are travelling with our 3yr old and plan to stay on ship (she is too young for the exciting excursions and she wouldn't quite get value out of the city tours etc).

We plan to just explore the ship and have her nap etc but if there is a beach right off the ship then we might wander off for a swim. Would be handy to know now if that is something to plan for.

We'll be stopping in Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel.

Any other thoughts on these stops with a young child...is there anything worth getting off for a quick peek at, or are any of these considered not safe for a quick wander with a child?

Labade has several beaches. Tram to transport to some. Falmouth is best to stay in the dock area. Margaritaville has a pool. Cozumel, there are several beaches but most are a quick taxi ride. I've heard chakannab is a nice place and they also have interactive areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Labadee head to Columbus Cove, a great sandy beach. Stay away from Adrenaline beach as there are way too many rocks.

In Cozumel Playa Mia has a great area for kids.

In Jamaica I would just stay on the ship of maybe a quick wander around the gated port area.

http://www.playamia.com/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_content=Beach

image.jpg1_zpsbpn1cm3p.jpg

Where can we find the map of labadee when we are there? Last time we got lost, the wife unit got frustrated and we went back to the ship. I want a beach day this time!

Nutz to you from Florida!

I seem to recollect getting one in the cabin and the are signs all over with that map on.

For Labadee head to Columbus Cove, a great sandy beach. Stay away from Adrenaline beach as there are way too many rocks.

In Cozumel Playa Mia has a great area for kids.

In Jamaica I would just stay on the ship of maybe a quick wander around the gated port area.

http://www.playamia.com/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Brand&utm_content=Beach

Thanks

Where can we find the map of labadee when we are there? Last time we got lost, the wife unit got frustrated and we went back to the ship. I want a beach day this time!

Nutz to you from Florida!

You can try printing this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48661532&postcount=181

Labadee is a private compound for RCI ships exclusively. You can see the ship from almost anywhere in the compound. The sandy beaches are the ones going toward Columbus Cove. The ones by Dragon's Plaza have a somewhat rocky bottom and swimming is not permitted on the far side.

You can walk anywhere from the ship in about 15 minutes and there is a tram, if you choose not to walk. One could easily get off and on the ship multiple times while in port.

With a 3 year old, I would recommend getting off the ship early,having some beach time, then returning to the ship for lunch. The BBQ lunch in Labadee leaves much to be desired, especially for a 3 year old.

Afternoon pool time on the ship will be less crowded and quieter. The little one may even be able to nap poolside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Labadee is a private compound for RCI ships exclusively. You can see the ship from almost anywhere in the compound. The sandy beaches are the ones going toward Columbus Cove. The ones by Dragon's Plaza have a somewhat rocky bottom and swimming is not permitted on the far side.

You can walk anywhere from the ship in about 15 minutes and there is a tram, if you choose not to walk. One could easily get off and on the ship multiple times while in port.

With a 3 year old, I would recommend getting off the ship early,having some beach time, then returning to the ship for lunch. The BBQ lunch in Labadee leaves much to be desired, especially for a 3 year old.

Afternoon pool time on the ship will be less crowded and quieter. The little one may even be able to nap poolside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks! Very helpful :-)

I got a good chuckle about my daughter napping pool side. She is an amazing sleeper (in a bed) if there is action going on she wants to see it all. This child has slept about 3 times in a stroller or car seat in her life. But plop her in a bed and she will chat to herself until she happily falls asleep.

On our last big trip with her we flew back from Cuba with many families from the nearby resorts...in the airport all the parents where comparing how fast their children had fallen asleep, some before take off, some during the rest right after. Then there was our child (not yet 2yrs old) who over 4hrs later, late at night, was still wide eyed and goofy grinned...not willing to miss a beat (sigh). At least she is a calm and happy child lol.