White Star Luggage Service

candango

We will sail on the QM in October and intend to use White Star. Cunard's brochure states that non-clothing can't be sent via this service, but they also state that they are not liable for damage to electronics, etc when using the service. Has anyone included a hair dryer, etc. while using White Star?

Thanks in advance.

I used the service in June (New York to Hamburg) and the documents specified that only previously worn clothing and shoes can be shipped. This is due to international customs regulations and duties. No electronics, no toiletries, no jewelry, no medications, no personal care items. Clothing and shoes ONLY.

I didn't try to pack unauthorized items. My White Star case was delivered to my stateroom in Hamburg with everything accounted for but with a notice inside that it had been inspected by German customs.

It isn't cheap. I weighted cost to ship by White Star versus the hassle factor and cost of taking a 29in case on the plane. My shipped case had to contain most of my clothing and shoes so as to leave room for everything else in the case that traveled with me.

If you are sailing in October you don't have much time to ponder this. White Star has to send you the paperwork. DHL came for it about two weeks before sailing.