Cost for Wheelchair and how far in advance

firerunner

Hubby has booked us an Alaska Cruise for next aug 2017!! So excited and yet a little worried

I currently use a power wheelchair invacare :) And I am not bringing it on the plane, we will bring the push one. Which means my first ever rental.

So what do these things cost? When I look at the websites they want me to give my infor to get a quote. I just want a rough estimate. I will be renting an power wheelchair joystick type controller for that is what I use now.

How far in advance do we book the wheelchair?

thanks for your help!!

Hubby has booked us an Alaska Cruise for next aug 2017!! So excited and yet a little worried

I currently use a power wheelchair invacare :) And I am not bringing it on the plane, we will bring the push one. Which means my first ever rental.

So what do these things cost? When I look at the websites they want me to give my infor to get a quote. I just want a rough estimate. I will be renting an power wheelchair joystick type controller for that is what I use now.

thanks for your help!!

Both CareVacations as well as SpecialNeedsatSeas recommend 30 days advance notice. Just call the 800# and speak directly to a representative. CareVacations as well SpecialNeedsatSea are most accommodating to give a no obligation cost. Neither company solicite business via email or phone if that concerns you. However know that they will ask the same questions that were requested on the website as cost is based on the following criteria :

• Number of days require
  • Embarkation Port
  • Disembarkation Port
  • Weight and Height of end user
  • Weight capacity of Power chair .
  • If you plan to purchase insurance for the equipment

Edited by xxoocruiser

thanks for your help!!

Maybe a scooter would work better for you. Call Care Vacations or Special Needs at Sea to inquire. They deliver the scooter to your cabin and then you just leave it on the ship when debarking.

Maybe a scooter would work better for you. Call Care Vacations or Special Needs at Sea to inquire. They deliver the scooter to your cabin and then you just leave it on the ship when debarking.

Nope, I dont think I could drive a scooter. I have used a joystick type wheelchair for years and years. Scooters are too big and awkard.

Both CareVacations as well as SpecialNeedsatSeas recommend 30 days advance notice. Just call the 800# and speak directly to a representative. CareVacations as well SpecialNeedsatSea are most accommodating to give a no obligation cost. Neither company solicite business via email or phone if that concerns you. However know that they will ask the same questions that were requested on the website as cost is based on the following criteria :

• Number of days require
  • Embarkation Port
  • Disembarkation Port
  • Weight and Height of end user
  • Weight capacity of Power chair .
  • If you plan to purchase insurance for the equipment

thank you I knew you would know..:) I didnt realize these chairs needed insurance.

We talked about bringing my own wheelchair but transporting it from Orlando to Seattle and then two/three days in seattle needing to find a HC Taxi. I just think the logistic will be too much. So hubby is bringing the push wheelchair for me and we will rent one for the cruise.

Believe it or not this trip has be a little stressed LOL for I ALWAYS have my own chair and never worry about flights etc.

keep telling myself it is a new adventure lol