Cabin door widths on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas??

copnlpn2

I need to know if a standard wheelchair will fit through the cabin doors on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. I had someone ask me this question because they use a wheelchair for mobility and have booked an accessible cabin.

They have an opportunity to upgrade to a higher category cabin but there are no accessible cabins available. Would her wheelchair fit through the doorway of a junior suite, for instance?? Or are the only wider doors on accessible cabins?

I have not been in a non accessible junior suite on Freedom, but I have visited a grand suite in my Jazzy power chair. I could get in but felt very uncomfortable with how packed that space was. I don't know that regular junior suites have doors as wide as the grands.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I need to know if a standard wheelchair will fit through the cabin doors on RCCL's Freedom of the Seas. I had someone ask me this question because they use a wheelchair for mobility and have booked an accessible cabin.

They have an opportunity to upgrade to a higher category cabin but there are no accessible cabins available. Would her wheelchair fit through the doorway of a junior suite, for instance?? Or are the only wider doors on accessible cabins?

A standard Junior Suite door is 23" wide door frame to door frame . 2" than must be deducted for the depth of the door as does not open flush to the wall making the total clearance width only 21" . Therefore the wheelchair has to less that 21" in width in order to fit through the entrance. .Additionally you friend needs to know that a standard Junior Suite bathroom has a step up into it . Additionally the balcony does not have a zero threshold entry so getting the wheelchair out onto the balcony will be challenge.

Edited by xxoocruiser

In addition to my previous post a Standard Junior Suite has a tub/shower combo . The tub is very high and can be difficult to step over for anyone with a mobility/balance issue. Though RCCL can provide a shower seat the shape of the interior of the tub really does not accommodate a seat at all. It will not fit flat and will be rocky. Your friend really needs take everything in consideration relative to their own ability before deciding to give the accessible can for a standard Junior Suite