BOSS in Cozumel

Crusing Grammy

Hi

My husband and I will be on the Getaway, on Sept.18. We were thinking of doing the BOSS dive in Cozumel. Has anyone out there done this? What did you think??? Worth the money?

Also, want to do something in Belize other than sit on a beach all day. I would love that, but my husband not so much! Not sure if the ruins is for him either! Can you get off the ship and just "explore"? Walk to town? We are both seniors!

Thanks

We did the BOSS in Cozumel a couple of years ago and it was one of the best experiences we've had. The water was crystal clear and we saw lots of interesting creatures. It was definitely worth the $$ although I'm sure it has gone up a bit from when we went.

Also, want to do something in Belize other than sit on a beach all day. I would love that, but my husband not so much! Not sure if the ruins is for him either! Can you get off the ship and just "explore"? Walk to town? We are both seniors!

Thanks

I can tell you from the only time we were in Belize (Oct of 2013) we did a ruins tour, which was good. When said tour was finished, the bus dropped us off outside the gates of the port at some eating place. (I'm sure the tour company got some sort of "kickback" for dropping us there, but we did not stay and eat).......We walked back to the gated entry and it was a tad bit scary. We never felt threatened, but just very uneasy. Armed, and I do mean fully armed, security was at the entrance to the gate and you had to show your s & s as well as an ID to get back in. We loved the shopping in the port area of Belize. They had the best prices of anywhere we went on that trip and the best part was NO ONE was trying to persuade you into coming into their shop or doing the hard sell thing. It was all very laid back. There is also a nice little bar right at the edge of port where you catch the tenders that had really good fresh seafood and locally made beers.

Have a great trip!