Sailing the Breakaway 1st Cruise 9/11-9/18

Callahan16

This will be our first cruise ever!! We just got married last month and we are going on the cruise to Bermuda for our Honeymoon.. Can anyone tell us what are the best things to do and not to while in the boat? Also we keep seeing things about the Vibe beach club. Has anyone done it and if so is it worth it? Also... Do they have a pub crawl? I see some say yes and then some say no.. Any advice u can give would be greatly appreciated..

Best wishes on your marriage! May your marriage last as long as ours...48 years and counting.

NCL is a relaxed cruise line. Their motto for awhile was you can do whatever. Since you are honeymooning, you will likely want a table for two, but if you are willing to meet others, the dining hostess will often ask if you would like to share a table. I've had varying degrees of success doing that. Met some really interesting people and some I never wanted to see again.

If you want to spend the extra money, the specialty restaurants are excellent. We prefer LeBistro and Cagney's.

As for the pub crawl, I hope someone else can answer that for you.

From reviews I have read, VIBE is a lot of fun, but limited to only 70 passes per cruise. And it is $100/person. From what I've read, you will need to be onboard in the first 10 boarding groups, and you both must be present to get numbers.

Check the boards for reviews. Mitsugirly's reviews are awesome!

Have a great cruise, and I will be happy to answer any questions I can. Don't depend on my signature for my experience. I usually only post through Tapatalk, so don't keep it updated at all.

Margaret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upon boarding head to the main dining room for lunch. Crew will try to send you to the buffet, but that gets crazy busy. The dining room is a nice relaxing way to start the cruise, and we always get a kick out of no check at the end, and you just get up and walk out. If you have the UBP and order drinks before hitting International waters, you will be given a bill to sign, but you will only be charged NYC taxes.

We love the BA. Howl at the Moon (dueling pianos) is a fun way to spend the night. Make reservations for Rock of Ages (great show )

No more pub crawls....

Safe sailing

Edited by spidybabe

Make sure you're up top as you sail down the Hudson - Seeing as you're sailing on 9/11 I'm sure there will be some sort of pause as you sail by Ground Zero. I know each time we've sailed past it, we remember those friends we've lost. And the Statue of Liberty is always majestic goosebumpy moment.

Enjoy, you'll love the ship.