Sailing from Bayonne Saturday

1Mouseyy

So was reading an article on the web about it and it reminded me of me saying this...

My guess is that you'll ride the coast down south and wait for the storm to pass to the east then ride the good weather after eastward. They're not going to want to try to outrun it across the top because of the uncertainty in the later days. Also the NE corner of the storm is always the worst and that would put you right into it.

Here's the quote that gave me a chuckle

Omar Torres, a spokesman for Royal Caribbean, said the Anthem's crew changed its course days before departure in an effort to avoid Post-Tropical Cyclone Hermine, figuring the storm would be west of where it wound up tracking.

Anthem of the Seas typically takes a southeast route to Bermuda. But with Hermine spinning up the Atlantic Coast, the crew opted to take a northeast route and then turn south toward Bermuda, Torres told Mashable.

"Our plan was to stay 240 nautical miles away from the storm," he said by phone.

However, over time the forecast was revised, and the ship wound up in the worst possible place: the right front quadrant of the storm, where winds are strongest.

Makes me wonder what these folks were thinking.

So was reading an article on the web about it and it reminded me of me saying this...

Here's the quote that gave me a chuckle

Makes me wonder what these folks were thinking.

Agree what were they thinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app