Family Harbor area

dancindukes

Following. And to piggyback a question...what sites can you access on these computers? I have a 5:05am flight on SW the day after we debark. In order to get a decent boarding spot, I'll need to check in while on board. Can I access the SW site from these terminals?

Edited by Sam_Eagle

Following. And to piggyback a question...what sites can you access on these computers? I have a 5:05am flight on SW the day after we debark. In order to get a decent boarding spot, I'll need to check in while on board. Can I access the SW site from these terminals?

I'm not sure but I'll guess it's basic stuff and not Skype, etc. Carnival offers internet access packages and they have public terminals usually mid ship in the public areas. If you need to check in you should be able to do that. What sailing date are you on Sam? We are on the 10/11 out of Athens. FYI I did find this but it appears you have to buy it for every day of the cruise and not "a la carte".. They would make a fortune if you could buy just the days you need. Again there are 2 units in Family Harbor but I'm trying to find out just how busy they are.

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Edited by dancindukes

I see there are 2 computers w/internet access. Can anyone tell me if they stay very busy?

I would think not very busy at all. Your cruise has only 2 sea days so most days, most of the guests are in port.

We were on the Inaugural and had 3 sea days. On one of those days, as we went around the ship taking pictures of the different areas of the ship, we went to the Family Harbor area and there was no one in there. As we approached the doorway, we wondered out loud how we could get access to take pictures of the Loung area inside. A gentleman was just coming out and he said, it's open for you now...lol. So we quickly went in and took pictures. No one in there.

I am thinking that after all the breakfast items are cleared away, people may tend to spend their time outside or be participating in activities around the ship.

The lounge may be busier once it gets to the Caribbean and there are more families and children cruising. IMHO, you are probably going to find the lounge area on your cruise very quiet more than it is busy ( outside of the meal times?)

I'm not sure but I'll guess it's basic stuff and not Skype, etc. Carnival offers internet access packages and they have public terminals usually mid ship in the public areas. If you need to check in you should be able to do that. What sailing date are you on Sam? We are on the 10/11 out of Athens. FYI I did find this but it appears you have to buy it for every day of the cruise and not "a la carte".. They would make a fortune if you could buy just the days you need. Again there are 2 units in Family Harbor but I'm trying to find out just how busy they are.

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

I'm on the repo sailing in Nov. I plan to stay offline for the cruise, with the 1 exception of checking in to our flights. It may just be easier for me to pay the $15 for earlybird check-in for myself and then I can just save seats for the rest of my family. That would probably be easier than waking up at 5am, 3 hours before the Vista arrives in Miami, to do the 24-hour flight check-in to get a good boarding position.

Just add EarlyBird check-in to your returning Southwest flight. Guarantees you an "A15-60" boarding pass without doing anything else.

I always do this on return flights when cruising.

Edited by lizardhowson

The game consoles were never really busy, our boys could play on them anytime really. Lounge was only busy at breakfast, more or less the same menu as in the lido , toaster was a bit slow, only 2 slices a time, put some in before sorting your coffee, we loved the FH could just pop in for a drink anytime we were passing to our cabin 2420. It does say drinks until 10pm but by 9:45 most tea and coffee put away. The fridge is not locked, the door is just stiff.....took me 2 days to find this out.....lol

Have a great time, we did :)

When The Vista docks in Palma de mallorca, get off and head to the Porto Pi shopping centre (just over the bridge from the terminal only a 5 min walk ) and go into macdonalds or burger king and use their WiFi, buy a coffee and do your stuff there. i know because we live in palma :)

When The Vista docks in Palma de mallorca, get off and head to the Porto Pi shopping centre (just over the bridge from the terminal only a 5 min walk ) and go into macdonalds or burger king and use their WiFi, buy a coffee and do your stuff there. i know because we live in palma :)

Thanks for the advice, but I'm hoping the Vista doesn't dock in Palma de Mallorca...I'm on the repo from NYC to Miami, so if it docks in Spain, something would've gone seriously wrong. :p

Just add EarlyBird check-in to your returning Southwest flight. Guarantees you an "A15-60" boarding pass without doing anything else.

I always do this on return flights when cruising.

Southwest doesn't limit the amount of Early Bird passes they sell. So depending on how many people purchase them, you could end up getting a "B" boarding pass.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I would like to ask slaine29 a question.

Is there a shop that sells cigarettes/tobacco in the Porto Pi shopping centre?

Thanks in advance Paul