Passport and online check in question

kaylie44

My mom got her passport 9 years ago and looks nothing like the picture do to numerous illnesses. Will this be a problem at check in?

Also do I really need to take a picture and upload it to the online check in? It says my set sail pass is ready to print without uploading the picture. Will they just take a picture when we board?

Thanks!

Edited by kaylie44
Spelling

... Also do I really need to take a picture and upload it to the online check in? It says my set sail pass is ready to print without uploading the picture. Will they just take a picture when we board?

Thanks!

They will take your picture at check-in if you don't upload one.

OP, very few people look like their passport pictures towards the end. They are used to it. It's not an issue.

I took my passport photo and then lost 85 lbs. No one cares at all.

Also, if your mom got her passport 9 years ago that means it is expiring sometime within a year. Make sure it is not expiring less than 6 months from your cruise dates.

That does not really matter with the normal caribbean/bahamas cruises for a US citizen. A cruise where you could use birth cert and ID, they aren't going to quibble about a passport at the end of its life expectancy.

Thanks for the replies! Her passport will not expire until 11 months after our cruise. I was just worried about how she looked. She is 40lbs less, has short hair from chemo and looks completely different because of the effects of scleroderma. Friends and family that have known her her entire life don't even recognize her. She says she doesn't even recognize herself!

Edited by kaylie44