Post Cruise afternoon tour of LA ?

MerMade

Carnival Miracle docks and debarks in Long Beach after 9AM

possibly off the ship by 11 AM

so can not grab a morning tour of LA or Long Beach :confused:

Have a midnight (red eye Flight) out of LAX

Any suggestions on how to see some of LA post cruise..... will have luggage from Hawaiin cruise

Not wanting to rent a car

TIA

Edited by MerMade

Could hire Sunseeker Tours.

Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is a fun way to spend the day. They'll hold your luggage.

Port and the Aquarium are connected along the free Passport bus route.

You'd need to arrange transportation from the aquarium. Uber/Lyft/Shuttles/taxis are all viable options.

Edited by SadieN

• 5 months later...

I looked into the Sunseeker Tours option too.

We are going to be disembarking in about 3 weeks and this looked like a great option.

However...

I found a Groupon for the tour: https://www.groupon.com/deals/sunseeker-tours-1#tips

and figured I would call them to confirm availability. When I asked about the process of using the groupon the response I got from Sean (apparently the owner) was: "No Groupon seats are available on that week due to busy season"

Suffice it to say that no matter how good their tour is they can shove it up their backsides. No where in the terms and conditions on the Groupon does it say the offer is unavailable during a so called busy season. I think this is a bait and switch.

Just thought everyone should know.

...When I asked about the process of using the groupon the response I got from Sean (apparently the owner) was: "No Groupon seats are available on that week due to busy season"

Suffice it to say that no matter how good their tour is they can shove it up their backsides. No where in the terms and conditions on the Groupon does it say the offer is unavailable...

I took a look at that "groupon" and it DOES say: "Reservation required, subject to availability; Contact merchant for seating availability at least 24-hours in advance of purchase."

That "subject to availability" line IS the qualifier. Sort of like trying to redeem my AAdvantage airline miles for free airfare...the kicker is always the "subject to availability" part. The airline always makes available only a limited number of seats on limited flights...if those are already taken, you are out of luck. I am guessing that the tour company is using the same language and same standards...Why they tell you to call ahead to check availability. The groupon would also not help the OP here as that would be for a "standard" $99 group tour. With the OP's late arrival, they'd need a "custom" tour...

One think about Sunseeker: They are based out of Long Beach--which is why they do tours with harbor area pick-ups. Pretty much the ONLY tour company in the LA area that does that. Other tour companies are based out of Hollywood or the West side, so they'd be sending a vehicle all the way down to Long Beach, then all the way back for the tour...and possibly the same for the drop off...So, about 60 miles out of their way at each end of the tour. They either flat-out refuse to do that or MIGHT arrange that on a custom basis for a VERY LARGE additional fee.

Sunseeker generally gets excellent reviews and is very much appreciated by the cruising community for the Long Beach and San Pedro pick-ups and drop-offs...