Documentation for kids

Baxter

We are travelling with my husband's son. I understand that we need to bring a signed note from his mother indicating that he is allowed to travel with us. We are from Canada, and we generally use a Commissioner for Oaths instead of a Notary for our "legal" paperwork. Has anyone used a Commissioner for Oaths, and if so what was the response from Princess?

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Sapphire Princess

I would contact Princess and ask them exactly what documentation you need notorized or if the other is okay. And for that matter it isn't really Princess it would be the Customs agent(s). You might want to contact the US Customs with this question.

RCCL Radiance
Princess Ocean, Dawn, Star(old one)
Carnival Paradise
Hollard New Amsterdam

Thanks for the information. The Princess rep had no idea what a "Commissioner for Oaths" was. We have travelled into the States many times and have never been asked for documentation so this is new to us.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Sapphire Princess

We cruised with our children for the first time this spring. We go to Florida practically every year with them and never have a problem. When boarding and disembarking (beginning and end of cruise) going through customs they were very thorough with the kids. Documentation wise the children are on our passports (1 child on each passport). On leaving the customs agent even asked my youngest (8) who were we and what relation we were to her. I'd make sure you have the right docs. even if it is for your own piece of mind.

RCCL Radiance
Princess Ocean, Dawn, Star(old one)
Carnival Paradise
Hollard New Amsterdam

Archived