Elegant nights on Carnival LIVE sailings

ClassyGame

I'm on a 6-night Carnival LIVE sailing in a few weeks, and I've heard that even though it's a 6-night, there's only one elegant night because of the concert. Does anyone know if that's accurate, or if there are 2 elegant nights like on a normal sailing? Just trying to figure out if I need to buy another dress. Thanks! :)

I'm on a 6-night Carnival LIVE sailing in a few weeks, and I've heard that even though it's a 6-night, there's only one elegant night because of the concert. Does anyone know if that's accurate, or if there are 2 elegant nights like on a normal sailing? Just trying to figure out if I need to buy another dress. Thanks! :)

Carnival does not call them elegant nights. You do not need to buy another dress. Something that you already own will be fine. Many women wear black slacks and a dressy top.

Sue

Carnival does not call them elegant nights. You do not need to buy another dress. Something that you already own will be fine. Many women wear black slacks and a dressy top.

Sue

Carnival most certainly does refer to them as "elegant" nights. "Cruise Elegant" to be more specific.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

To the OP: I've only been on a 4/day Carnival Live sailing, so I can't specifically answer your question, but I don't see why they would do away with one night. If anything, they would only move it to a different night. Ours was not on the same night as the concert.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

Sue

The Carnival website calls them elegant nights...? I'm well aware that Carnival's are much more casual than other cruise lines, so I'm not going to wear anything extravagant. But I don't even own a pair of slacks, nor would I probably ever wear them again, so I'd rather get a cocktail dress. :) Thank you for the reply!

Carnival most certainly does refer to them as "elegant" nights. "Cruise Elegant" to be more specific.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

To the OP: I've only been on a 4/day Carnival Live sailing, so I can't specifically answer your question, but I don't see why they would do away with one night. If anything, they would only move it to a different night. Ours was not on the same night as the concert.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I saw someone's review of our exact itinerary and ship, minus the Live show, and the 2nd elegant night was the day of the Grand Cayman stop, which was the 4th day. So I'm just going to assume that this one is the same. :)