Lots of Majesty questions

Carnival Platinum cruiser here.....trying RCCL for the very first time. I am traveling with a large group for a weekend cruise to celebrate a 40th birthday (not mine!). I'm looking forward to trying out RCCL, but I have a lot of questions....

1. Is Windjammer seriously the only food option when we board? It is so sad this is my first question lol.

2. Can I take sodas on board during embarkation? How about water? Is there a mini-fridge?

3. Where can I find 3 night cruise menus?

4. Does Johnny Rockets cost extra?

5. What can I expect for formal/elegant night? Do I need to pack dressy clothes? Can I wear flops if they aren't the cheap rubber ones?

6. Can I take 2 bottles of wine on board, even if the husband "doesn't show up" for the cruise? That leads me to.....

7. Since the husband couldn't get off work, should I let them know in advance or just have him not show up? Should I check him in?

8. Where can I find the entertainment/activity schedule?

9. DS (15) may take DH's place. DS has high functioning autism. CCL works with us to do an alternate safety/muster drill since his sensory and anxiety issues can cause problems. We only use this option when the muster drill is one of those held outside, crowded together on the decks. How is the Majesty's safety/muster drill handled?

10. This is my first time on RCCL. Will it take FOREVER to get off the ship at the private island, since it is tendered (I'm assuming those who cruise with RCCL often, like Carnival's platinum and diamonds, will have priority)?

11. On CCL, I enjoy the cooking demo. Do they have anything like this on Majesty?

12. Are there any free/discounted drinks options?

13. Are there any "can't miss" events?

TIA!!! Very excited :D and will probably think of a billion more questions....

Edited by summercruisin'

Sorrento's will also be open when you board.

Johnny Rocket's has a flat fee of $7.

Two bottles of wine are allowed per stateroom, no matter the number of guests.

You cannot check-in someone who is not there.

Sorrento's will also be open when you board.

Johnny Rocket's has a flat fee of $7.

Two bottles of wine are allowed per stateroom, no matter the number of guests.

You cannot check-in someone who is not there.

Thanks! That's very helpful! To clarify, I meant should I do the online check-in that is required in advance of boarding.

Thanks! That's very helpful! To clarify' date=' I meant should I do the online check-in that is required in advance of boarding.[/quote']

While not mandatory, doing the online check-in can save some time when you arrive at the cruise terminal.

I am also a Carnival cruiser and The Majesty this past week was my first RCL cruise.

When we boarded the windjammer (buffet), sorentos (pizza) and Johnny Rockets was open. We received a coupon for half of Johnny Rockets as soon as we boarded. The cover charge for JR is 6.95 per person.

I don't know about taking drinks on board. We had an oceanview cabin and it did not have a fridge. Not sure about all cabins.

The dinner menu was posted outside the main dining room each day.

I saw everything from very elegant to casual dressy on formal night. I suppose how dressy you get is up to you. I don't know if there is a specific dress code for the evening regarding flip flops. I suppose if they are more of a sandal then they would be fine but if they are more of a flip I personally wouldn't.

Activity schedule is listed in daily compass. That's put in your room at night or can be found at the guest relations desk, hanging on the wall.

Yes the muster is outside, clustered together, and takes as long as it takes all the guests to show. It was not fun for an adult to say the least. And they were very strict about it... The people in my section were reprimanded for talking, holding cell, and drinking water. I don't recommend for your son. With that being said they allow people with particular circumstances to sit in the lounge for the drill. When you check in explain to the crew and I'm sure they will direct you to the lounge.

The tender to the private island was a process. We left the ship about noon and waited about 30 mins to get on the tender winding down the stairs and then about 15 mins sitting on the tender. I was highly disappointed with the private island. I honestly wouldn't even do another cruise with that port on the itinerary. Fair warning, if your son has sensory issues be careful with the water. The sand is like muck. You step into it and sink doe as if in gooey quick sand. It is gross texturally. Also there were a lot of jelly fish on the bottom. Nothing like Half Moon Cay... So don't expect that. You will be sadly disappointed as well.

There were free liquor tastings and liquor events with a cover charge.

The lady sea day there was a brunch for 35 per person and you got a tour and cooking demo along with brunch. They will offer that the first night at dinner.

Not to miss... Quest, love and marriage show, dinner in main dining room

If DS is going to replace DH on the cruise, you will need to submit this info in advance to Royal Caribbean. Once done, you should complete the online check-in and print the seapass docs to have with you, this will make it easier on you as they check the seapass with your other ID docs when you enter the terminal. A few other answers for your questions:

[*]You can take sodas and water on board with you. Ask your room attendant for ice if needed.

[*]Johnny Rockets does cost extra

[*]There is a formal night. On the 4day cruise, people usually dress up, though not all men wear suits, or even jackets. (as always, there are some who do not meet the requested clothing guidelines)

[*]There are cake decorating demos, towel and napkin folding demos, ice carving

Edited by gadaboutgal

The muster drill will not be comfortable for your son-hot, crowded, and can take longer than anyone would want. We loved CocoCay. We were on the 2nd tender off and waited around 10-15 minutes to get on the tender and maybe 5 minutes to leave. The sand is the fluffy sand, not hard packed, so it can be a little hard to walk in, but it didn't bother us.