e-Docs UK cruisers

laslomas

I have a cruise departing in 54 days. I have not been able to download my e-Docs yet even though Online Check-in is completed and the cruise is paid in full.

I sent an email to Guest Services to query this and the response was: "Your e-docs will be ready 30 days prior to sailing.":confused: This seems rather odd as it states on the vacation Summary:

eDocs are your boarding pass to the ship.

eDocs will be available online when online

check-in is complete, your booking is paid in

full, air arrangements are finalized, and your

departure date is less than 60 days away.

Has anyone else had this problem? I know from reading my Roll Call that some U.S. and Canadian cruisers have downloaded their e-Docs. I know I do not have to panic yet, but just seems odd!

I have a cruise departing in 54 days. I have not been able to download my e-Docs yet even though Online Check-in is completed and the cruise is paid in full.

I sent an email to Guest Services to query this and the response was: "Your e-docs will be ready 30 days prior to sailing.":confused: This seems rather odd as it states on the vacation Summary:

eDocs are your boarding pass to the ship.

eDocs will be available online when online

check-in is complete, your booking is paid in

full, air arrangements are finalized, and your

departure date is less than 60 days away.

Has anyone else had this problem? I know from reading my Roll Call that some U.S. and Canadian cruisers have downloaded their e-Docs. I know I do not have to panic yet, but just seems odd!

It is quite normal. There doesn't seem to be any fixed time, but mine are often not available at the same time as yours.

If they aren't available at 30 days then it may be worth checking again.

UK bookers on our Epic TA (departs in 54 days, also) report the same: 30 days.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I'm UK booker on the Epic TA, and I have my edocs. I booked direct with NCL UK.

Possibly OP booked with a TA who haven't paid the money over to NCL yet?

Possible for others, too. We all know ta's have their own terms. NCL Europe and UK seem to have different terms. Then there's the reported one about Ireland not in the UK group. IDK. I have enough trouble keeping up with NCL terms in the US.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

I really wouldn't panic, you have loads of time and as long as you have checked in that's all that matters.

On our last cruise (BA from NYC) I had left the cruise docs at home and we still boarded no problem - I had my booking ref written down and that was enough (along with our passports obviously!)

Thanks for the responses. I know there is no need to get them so early, but when the information states they are available at 60 days out I wanted to check the times with others. But it seems there is no norm.

I booked through a TA so maybe that is why. When I print the e-Docs and labels it makes the cruise seem closer - I will have to remain patient.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a reply from Guest Services concerning my query:

Generally, e-docs are available 60 days prior to departure, regardless of nationality. However, some travel agencies have special conditions with us and in those cases, e-docs are only available 30 days prior to departure. Your travel agent has those special conditions with us.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We look forward to welcoming you on board very soon.

So I must just be patient!!

I have had a reply from Guest Services concerning my query:

Generally, e-docs are available 60 days prior to departure, regardless of nationality. However, some travel agencies have special conditions with us and in those cases, e-docs are only available 30 days prior to departure. Your travel agent has those special conditions with us.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. We look forward to welcoming you on board very soon.

So I must just be patient!!

Try again now - ours and others, randomly appeared last night.