For those who have cruised out of the Tampa Port

6 of us

I have always cruised out of Port Canaveral or Jacksonville & I can get there as early as 10 & go ahead & be checked in. How early can we arrive at the Tampa port & get checked in?

THank you :D :D

Are you going to park at the port or do off-site parking and shuttle?

Our experience has been that the Tampa port is not nearly as efficient as Port Canaveral and Jacksonville. We have done off-site parking the times we cruised out of Tampa and the first time we waited forever to be dropped at the port and it was a mad house. The second time wasn't very much better. I don't think I would plan on going until about 11 or so. That is just how our experiences have gone and I am like you in wanting to hurry up and get there to get checked in.

We have found Tampa to be the most efficient embarkation experience, especially compared to the cluster known as JaxPort.

We left the car at the pre-cruise hotel and used the hotel shuttle to get to the port. We were onboard and eating lunch on lido at 11:45.

We will be parking at the Port. WAs hoping to get there by 10 AM & allowed in to get checked in because the way family is flying in & such, that is just the time we will be in the area.

We checked in at 9:30. No lines and easy peasy. You just wait in the holding tank until they start boarding the ship.

It can depend on the cruise. Last one I took out of Tampa was the Legend Panama Canal transit. The port was a nightmare...mainly because 70% of the passengers were platinum or higher (some folks were traveling all the way through to New Zealand). So 70% of the ship qualified for VIP boarding,which pretty much killed the benefit. It made for actual chaos in the terminal. Had sailed several times without issue, however, so it was more a function of the details of this particular cruise.

I have never cruised out of Tampa but we are in December finally! Considering driving down (from Ohio!) , my question is how close is the parking lot to the port ?? And do you know how much it costs per day? Wondering if it's close enough to walk with the luggage and whatnot. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

$75 for a 5 day cruise. It's a bit of a trek to the port, I wouldn't do it. Have to cross the street too.

I park at 241. It's only a vacant grassy lot but they have been great. It's $7 a day and they shuttle you to the port and on return give them a call and they are there within 4-5 minutes. Reserve on line and if you're a senior you get $5 off--the have a $5 on line charge so that's waived.

If you park at either and you arrive about 11:30am you can drop off luggage first then park. I get there earlier and they won't let you drop off some times due to congestion of those disembarking. Once it was going to be after 12pm to drop off so I just parked at 241 and let them drop it when they dropped me off.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

$75 for a 5 day cruise. It's a bit of a trek to the port, I wouldn't do it. Have to cross the street too.

I park at 241. It's only a vacant grassy lot but they have been great. It's $7 a day and they shuttle you to the port and on return give them a call and they are there within 4-5 minutes. Reserve on line and if you're a senior you get $5 off--the have a $5 on line charge so that's waived.

If you park at either and you arrive about 11:30am you can drop off luggage first then park. I get there earlier and they won't let you drop off some times due to congestion of those disembarking. Once it was going to be after 12pm to drop off so I just parked at 241 and let them drop it when they dropped me off.

We are always early birds at everything (have been for 30+ years!). What is the earliest you would recommend reserving parking arrival at 241? We've never been to the Tampa port so we'd love to take our time walking & gawking once we are dropped off. :) Also, we normally self-disembark as early as possible, but we are going to try changing up our style by taking our time at breakfast & disembarking later. What time would you recommend we reserve picking up our vehicle? Thank you so much for the information. We love to save money where we can without sacrificing pleasure/convenience. Sounds like 241 will save us money without any sacrifices?

Thanks so much for this info!! Will definitely look into this 241 parking!

I have always cruised out of Port Canaveral or Jacksonville & I can get there as early as 10 & go ahead & be checked in. How early can we arrive at the Tampa port & get checked in?

THank you :D :D

We open the doors to Terminal-3 at 9:15, check-in around 9:30, and boarding usually starts around 11:15ish.

Tampa is a great port! We park off site but have always pulled up to the porter area at the port first. I drop off all the luggage and all my passengers who head to check in. Then I drive to the parking area and catch a ride back on their shuttle. It is much easier to fit one person on a shuttle than making everyone come with me!

My family saves me a seat in the waiting area. Plus we usually have a higher zone number than if they would have tagged along with me to the off site parking.

I think that Tampa is very easy for Embarking unless it's foggy. We've cruised from Tampa twice and the previous cruise has returned late due to fog.

Love Tampa, Fog just gives us a few extra hours on the ship. An extension is even better :D

The Port parking is directly across the street from the check in. An easy, short walk from one building (garage) to the next (port). You can pull your wheeled luggage across the street (traffic officers directing so you are safe), or drop it off before going into the garage.

We have used off-site parking also and it is less expensive. The downside to that is awaiting the shuttle with all of your luggage after the cruise, along with dozens of others. Usually in some spot away from the port. It's a good cost savings, but not quite as handy as walking across the street to your car.