Not new to Carnival.... But?

Dorene1

Hello

I am not new to Carnival but reading reviews of the Sunshine makes me very nervous, not for myself but for my brother and sister in law that I am cruising with. Is it really that bad? I dont usually believe the reviews but one after another review was bad. I am going to Bermuda Oct 1st and I just want this to be a nice cruise for my brother who had a kidney transplant and is his first vacation in 3 years.

Anything positive please share

Thanks

Dorene

Sailed the Sunshine last month and I loved it. Is it as nice as some of the top of the line Royal Caribbean ships? No, but it's nicer than some other Carnival ships I've been on and has all the 2.0 upgrades. The Serenity area is also amazing!

Relax, you will have a great cruise with an open mindset if your not looking for things to complain about. Keep in mind people are way more likely to take the time to write a negative review than a neutral or positive one.

Hello

I am not new to Carnival but reading reviews of the Sunshine makes me very nervous, not for myself but for my brother and sister in law that I am cruising with. Is it really that bad? I dont usually believe the reviews but one after another review was bad. I am going to Bermuda Oct 1st and I just want this to be a nice cruise for my brother who had a kidney transplant and is his first vacation in 3 years.

Thanks

Dorene

Love the Sunshine. Have been on her for 37 days and going on her in February for another 13 days.

What are your concerns about the Sunshine?

We've been on the Sunshine twice out of Nola and PC. If I would have listen to the reviews I would have missed out on two wonderful vacations. The ship was beautiful the crew was outstanding. I also didn't find it any more crowded than my other cruises. Also the serenity area is my favorite by a long shot. The only negative thing for me was the comedy club. It was poorly redesigned but it no way a deal breaker. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've sailed on the Sunshine 3 times, the 3rd being this past May, totally enjoyed the ship each time. My suggestion, stop reading only "negative reviews" and try some "positive reviews", better still, don't read any reviews at all, they are largely a waste to me.

As another poster said, had I based my cruise choices on "reviews" I read here, I'd never would have cruised at all on Sunshine, and now it's a favorite ship of ours. I read stuff on here prior to the Sunshine TA that was pure BS. That cured me of reading reviews.

Edited by bar1068

Hello

Thanks

Dorene

What specifically did you read? Posts like this don't make sense. If you and your relatives like to pick at things, you'll have a bad cruise too. That can happen on any ship.

I too read negative things about Sunshine but had a great time on the July 4th sailing.

I'm going again on October 8th so if it had been horrible, I certainly wouldn't be going back!

Sometimes on these boards people seem to whine and complain about every little thing.

Enjoy the cruise.

Thank You, I usually always enjoy all the cruises I go on. It just seemed the last 5 reviews were all bad and I just thought I would ask then continue to read them. I am very excited to go to Bermuda Oct 1st.

Thank you all!!!

Thank You, I usually always enjoy all the cruises I go on. It just seemed the last 5 reviews were all bad and I just thought I would ask then continue to read them. I am very excited to go to Bermuda Oct 1st.

Thank you all!!!

Enjoy your cruise! Come back and let us know how you liked her.

I've never had a bad cruise on any ship. There are redesign features of the Sunshine that I don't like.

The comedy club is such a popular venue and always full, but unfortunately rather than making it an excellent experience for everyone, they attempted to maximize the capacity and actually put seating behind the stage so you have to watch the show on a TV monitor.

They kind of ruined the evening vibe of the Lobby bar, by using the space that was the deck 3 show lounge and turning it into passenger cabins.

So now the main show lounge is only deck 4 & 5. It's now called the liquid lounge and is a dual purpose venue. With a flat floor on deck 4, they put in removable chairs that are used for seating during the evening shows but are removed to make it a dance club at night. The problem is there isn't anywhere to really sit a drink down (no tables). It's just a bad design all around IMO.

None of these things would ruin a cruise for me, but I would always choose to sail on any of the other ships.

Haven't been on it but my boss loved it a few months ago. He usually sails Disney (has kids) but the itinerary out of PC at the time he wanted to go worked so he tried Carnival. Said he had a great time.

I expect I'll get on that ship eventually as PC is a 40 minute drive from my house.

Sailed on her when she was the Destiny and again when it was converted to the Sunshine. Wouldn't go again unless I got a great deal. I found it to be a bit too crowded...poor flow of "people traffic" with the new upgrades, which made the public areas small. The buffet area is the smallest I've ever seen on any ship and cannot handle the crowd.

Yes, it's definitely still alot of fun, and serenity area is very nice (pool is very nice..but water is very cold). The crew is great too.

I also read what "Janey" said above, and what they did to the public areas, and agree 100%. These things didn't make or break my cruise on her, I still had a great time on Sunshine. I feel there are better choices out there.

Edited by abisha