Boutique Hotels in Seattle?

disneygirl10

I'm looking at Seattle hotels trying to come up with a rough budget for our June Alaska trip. We will be in Seattle for 2-3 nights pre cruise, 1 night after.

Main things I'm looking for in a hotel- convenience (walking) to tourist sites, waterfront/water views, interesting decor a plus, pool- super bonus, but doesn't look like I'll find one.

Also needs to be family friendly, just myself and young son traveling together.

I've been reading reviews on Inn at the Market.

Has anyone stayed here? Any other recommendations?

Although it's not a boutique hotel, I immediately thought of the Four Seasons, it definitely fits my criteria, then had a bit of sticker shock when looked at the price. So, that one's definitely crossed off the list.

Edited by disneygirl10

We found the Mayflower Park hotel very charming and definitely boutique-y. Connected to Westlake Center Mall. Rooms are small but decorated with an old-timey "yester-year" feel. And happy hour at Oliver's Lounge is hard to beat for classic cocktails and complimentary appetizers from 4:30 to 6pm.

http://www.mayflowerpark.com/

Gardyloo - you type faster than I do! ;)

Edited by Sequim88

Sticker shock at Seattle hotel prices during cruise season is the name of the game.

Look at the Mayflower Park hotel - http://www.mayflowerpark.com/ - which is perfectly located and which will cost considerably less than the Four Seasons or Inn at the Market.

We found the Mayflower Park hotel very charming and definitely boutique-y. Connected to Westlake Center Mall. Rooms are small but decorated with an old-timey "yester-year" feel. And happy hour at Oliver's Lounge is hard to beat for classic cocktails and complimentary appetizers from 4:30 to 6pm.

http://www.mayflowerpark.com/

Gardyloo - you type faster than I do! ;)

Thank you both! That hotel looks really nice!

I didn't even realize, or at least think about, that we will be there on 4th of July. Does that make a difference in your recommendations? I won't be renting a car, so need to make sure that it is easy to get around with my 6 year old.

Game plan is- 1 night San Juan Island, float plan arrival, ferry back to Seattle. This was originally going to be post cruise, but after realizing the whole July 4th thing, I think we may be better off doing San Juan Island pre cruise, and Seattle 3 nights after.

Thoughts, please! I have never been to Seattle, or Washington State at all.

I definitely recommend Inn at the Market. We have stayed here twice before our cruises, and it would be our first choice the next time we are in Seattle. Perfect location steps away from the market, and the hotel is very, very nice.

We've stayed at the Mayflower Park several times, and just love that hotel. Great staff and great location as the light rail system from SEATAC ends at Westlake. Also the monorail runs from Westlake to Seattle Center. We do book their "deluxe" rooms (or whatever they call their larger rooms) which are approximately double the size of their standard rooms.

I like the Edgewater. It's on the waterfront, literally on the water, near Pike Place Market, the Aquarium, ferry docks, and waterfront restaurants. The Edgewater is favored by locals as a special occasion hotel. The architecture is decidedly Pacific Northwest. Definitely "boutique."

While not as posh as the Inn at the Market, I nearly always stay at the Roosevelt Hotel when I visit Seattle for business. It is located near the convention center, but only a 6 block walk to Pike Place. They have free WiFi, a small gym, and great service from the staff. They also offer a free shuttle to the cruise ship ports (not common for Seattle hotels).