Ship Beautification What time are cabins ready?

Jenn1974

Good Morning all. I was wondering who has experience with the delayed boarding due to cabin beautification? My question is what time are the cabins ready when boarding is delayed till 1:30? Does anyone know? I am trying to decide if I should purchase faster to the fun or not. I will be on the October 20th Victory sailing out of Canaveral.

I'm not really sure what you mean?

If you are talking about how soon the cabins are available (after they are cleaned) on embarkation day. It varies.

If your embarkation port has staggered check in, then the cabins for Diamonds/Platinum/FTTF and Carnival airport transfers are ready upon embarkation.

All other cabins are usually opened to the rest of the guests around 1:30.

So FTTF is only worth it if you have been able to get a check in time prior to about 1pm.

She must be on the Victory. Check in is delayed for many sailings until 1:30 because of the beautification project. Therefore, it is conceivable that the cabins would ALL be ready when boarding starts thus eliminating one of the big perks of FTTF. Her question is good as I am also on the Victory and have FTTF but really only got it because of getting to my cabin right away. It's a short cruise so just a few hours early was worth it to me. It won't be if all passengers have cabin access upon boarding.

She must be on the Victory. Check in is delayed for many sailings until 1:30 because of the beautification project. Therefore, it is conceivable that the cabins would ALL be ready when boarding starts thus eliminating one of the big perks of FTTF. Her question is good as I am also on the Victory and have FTTF but really only got it because of getting to my cabin right away. It's a short cruise so just a few hours early was worth it to me. It won't be if all passengers have cabin access upon boarding.

That is exactly correct. I don't wait to wait around till 4:30 to get into the cabin and there is still FTTF available for my sailing so I was looking for anyone else who had been through this situation with the delayed boarding. To see what time they got into their cabins. Because they could all be ready. The other people in our group don't want FTTF but hubby and I might get it.

We were on the Victory in early May. We were in the terminal at 10:30am, had our sign/sail cards shortly after that and then sat and waited in the diamond/platinum area til almost 1:30pm. When we boarded we checked out our room and it was not quite ready so we got something to eat at the buffet, did a little exploring and our room was all set by then. Very disappointed in the appearance of it. Didn't expect it to be brand new but did expect better. One of the drapes on the ov window was partially off the travais rod because some of the hooks were broken, the rug was old, worn and stained. Some of the aluminum edging around the window was rusted away. The bathroom although old and outdated was in far better condition overall than the actual cabin room. I asked the steward if he would have someone fix the drape because it couldn't be closed and he said he would. By the 3rd day it was the same, asked again. His response was a shrug of his shoulders and he said "they'll get around to making the room good sometime". Well they never did and I had my husband clip it back on to the rod with a large clip I had in my luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by tilliebob1919

We were on the Victory in early May. We were in the terminal at 10:30am, had our sign/sail cards shortly after that and then sat and waited in the diamond/platinum area til almost 1:30pm. When we boarded we checked out our room and it was not quite ready so we got something to eat at the buffet, did a little exploring and our room was all set by then. Very disappointed in the appearance of it. Didn't expect it to be brand new but did expect better. One of the drapes on the ov window was partially off the travais rod because some of the hooks were broken, the rug was old, worn and stained. Some of the aluminum edging around the window was rusted away. The bathroom although old and outdated was in far better condition overall than the actual cabin room. I asked the steward if he would have someone fix the drape because it couldn't be closed and he said he would. By the 3rd day it was the same, asked again. His response was a shrug of his shoulders and he said "they'll get around to making the room good sometime". Well they never did and I had my husband clip it back on to the rod with a large clip I had in my luggage.

But were you in one of the sailings that had delayed boarding/sailing due to the "beautification"? And did you have FTTF?

Ours was ready when we boarded at 1:30.

Did you have FTTF? If you boarded at 1:30 does that mean that your boarding time/sail time was all typical - not pushed back by the beautification project? We are trying to determine if FTTF will be any help to us if the boarding/sailing time is pushed back due to the beautification project.

Kimberlym4...no, we did not have FTTF because when I had checked, it was all sold out. We were 3 in our cabin and one of whom was platinum and we waited in that area to board. In that same area were the people who had FTTF. Yes, our cruise was one of the beautification ones that started back in early April. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by tilliebob1919

So I posted on John Healds facebook page and someone named John Rabbe replied back that as per the ship all staterooms would be ready at 1:30.

Thanks Jenn1974. So if a letter states that check-in/boarding/sail away is all delayed then it doesn't really make much sense to keep FTTF does it? I don't think the other perks are worth it to us.

Thanks Jenn1974. So if a letter states that check-in/boarding/sail away is all delayed then it doesn't really make much sense to keep FTTF does it? I don't think the other perks are worth it to us.

The priority boarding and the guest services line would make it worth it. I don't know I bought mine under the assumption cabins wouldnt be ready for a couple hours and now that I hear they will be ready at boarding time I amnot sure. When do you sail?

The priority boarding and the guest services line would make it worth it. I don't know I bought mine under the assumption cabins wouldnt be ready for a couple hours and now that I hear they will be ready at boarding time I amnot sure. When do you sail?

We sail December 16. I bought only to get into the cabin early. I thought it was worth it because it was such a short cruise (3 day) so truly beginning (by being in our room) even a couple of hours early was a plus. Therefore, I'm pretty bummed that they are taking away a couple of hours of such a short trip. Wouldn't think twice about it if we were going for 7 days.

We only dock in Nassau and will be there overnight so no worries about being first off the ship. I've been on a handful of cruises and don't think I've ever used guest services.

I will wait to see if I receive a letter but I may cancel and put my money towards something else if we do.

Either way, we will have a great trip! I hope you do too!