Good deal or not? Move from Upper to Panorama deck?

Mr & Mrs Happy

I guess I need to start paying better attention to what decks and cabins are better. I don't give it much thought because I'm happy to be cruising but I've been coming here for awhile to know that some decks and cabins are better than others.

I received an email to "upgrade" from the Upper deck to Panorama for a total of $30.00 on the Triumph. We're in a balcony.

I don't know if that's a good deal or if the location is good or not. We are light to heavy sleepers. Guess some of that will depend on how much liquor we drink before going to bed...lol.

I guess I need to start paying better attention to what decks and cabins are better. I don't give it much thought because I'm happy to be cruising but I've been coming here for awhile to know that some decks and cabins are better than others.

I received an email to "upgrade" from the Upper deck to Panorama for a total of $30.00 on the Triumph. We're in a balcony.

I don't know if that's a good deal or if the location is good or not. We are light to heavy sleepers. Guess some of that will depend on how much liquor we drink before going to bed...lol.

My opinion only, but we prefer the higher deck, and motion does not bother us so we would be good with the upsell, with the following caveats:

Several of the balcony rooms on the Upper Deck are above venues like dance clubs and lounges, and several of the balcony rooms on the Panorama Deck are below the gym.

I wouldn't move from above the "Fun Shops" on the Upper Deck to below the "Fitness Center" on the Panorama Deck for any amount of money. I would however take the deal to move from a room on the Upper Deck that is above the "Club Rio Lounge" (or other club like venues) to a room on the Panorama Deck below the "Salon" or other balcony rooms.

Again, just my opinion, but I hope it helps you with your decision.

For our third cruise on Carnival, we were upgraded for free from the Empress Deck to the Panorama Deck. Since then, we only do the Panorama Deck. There is less foot traffic, closer to most of the activities, close to your cabin if you need to run back for something on sea days and you don't hear any noise from the Lido Deck and you can use your own bathroom on sea days instead of the ones on the Lido Deck.