Balcony Upgrade on Getaway 9/18 Sailing

Rickdog99

Hi

My sailing is on 9/18 (10 days out). I already have a Inside Cabin (IC) booked on deck 11 mid ship. For $318.20 additional, I can upgrade to a balcony (BD), but I would lose $50 of my $150 OBC. They seem to have a lot of inventory left. Should I do this, or wait and call the upsell line next week. Would I get a better deal you think? On the balcony upgrade it would be a guarantee in that category. Are there really bad ones in that category they can stick me in? I am on the fence, but could use some advice. Thanks.

Ricky

It all comes down to your budget and what you want out of your cruise. Will you spend a ton of time on your balcony?

Personally I would wait if you really want the balcony. The balconies on Getaway are not all that great unless you are on deck 8.

Both Escape and Getaway are sailing pretty empty this month and you could hold out for a better deal.

Personally I would wait if you really want the balcony. The balconies on Getaway are not all that great unless you are on deck 8.

This is the second time I come across one of your post referring to the deck 8 balconies being better. Do you have a picture because I cant find a good port side pic of the GA so I can see the balconies.

Quick question:

I booked as guarantee BD and was assigned 8152. Looking at the deck plan, my stateroom is the first, walking FWD, in it's category. Based on your knowledge, is my stateroom a "big balcony" on deck 8?

w2ovtu.jpg

Edited by Crusi3r_
removed unrelated question

Hi

My sailing is on 9/18 (10 days out). I already have a Inside Cabin (IC) booked on deck 11 mid ship. For $318.20 additional, I can upgrade to a balcony (BD), but I would lose $50 of my $150 OBC. They seem to have a lot of inventory left. Should I do this, or wait and call the upsell line next week. Would I get a better deal you think? On the balcony upgrade it would be a guarantee in that category. Are there really bad ones in that category they can stick me in? I am on the fence, but could use some advice. Thanks.

Ricky

i just got moved from an inside to a balcony for free on wednesday. I only booked last week but since i booked the price dropped so i called and they moved me no charge on the same sailing as you

Edited by karenpstok

We just sailed on Escape on 8/20. We had booked connecting inside cabins. I was hoping for an upsell but the prices they were quoting me for Haven remained higher than I was willing to pay and never dropped. I was hoping that once the suites were sold, that they would offer upsells to mini-suites. This usually only happens just days before the sailing and might not happen at all. It depends on inventory.

In my case it didn't happen. However, I had noticed that prices had fallen so I had my TA call NCL. NCL upgraded me from connecting insides to connecting balconies for free. And our perks remained intact. I didn't lose anything. :)

Call NCL. You have nothing to lose.

This is the second time I come across one of your post referring to the deck 8 balconies being better. Do you have a picture because I cant find a good port side pic of the GA so I can see the balconies.

Quick question:

I booked as guarantee BD and was assigned 8152. Looking at the deck plan, my stateroom is the first, walking FWD, in it's category. Based on your knowledge, is my stateroom a "big balcony" on deck 8?

w2ovtu.jpg

Yours is a standard balcony on Deck 8 but still a great location!

You can see the larger balconies on Getaway which are on deck 8 and some on 9 in this picture (even though it is Breakaway, the layout is identical):

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

8138 and 8738 are large BD cat although the deck plans do not show it. (if they are available in your sailing, grab them)

The extra large BX cabins are 8710, 8712, 8110 and 8112.

All of these cabins are pretty quick to go, I book my cruises over a year out.

Edited by escentialssoycandles

...pic of the GA so I can see the balconies...

... is my stateroom a "big balcony" on deck 8?

8152 is a normal small balcony.

Have you perused this for pics? NCL Breakaway/Getaway Cabin/Balcony Spreadsheet

like these;https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kANcIdzDMzpYEqp4w3yMYVNGuSp-SQGb76oM5O6t8q0/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd42b114b_3_0

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

HTH