Refrigerator

gene g

Just contact special needs in advance and they will have you one waiting for you if they have any. If by chance they are already out, they will ask you to store your meds in the infirmary. These med coolers were not designed for food or drinks. You must have a need for one and must be documented. I have one reserved already a year+ out on the vista.

It will say your request on your information page on your reservations.

BTW they would NEVER hold meds at guest services. All drugs must be in a secured area in the infirmary, they will bag and tag them and place them in the locked cooler. I had over 5k worth of sensitive insulin with me on my B2B cruise on the Victory. I still had a medical fridge in my room. They requested I NOT leave that amount of drugs unsecured.

Edited by PattBenatar

This information was found on the Carnival Website.

STATEROOM MINI FRIDGE

The following ships have a mini fridge in all staterooms and suites: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista.

The following ships have a mini fridge in all suites: Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory.

The Carnival Sunshine has a mini fridge in all suites and in staterooms on decks 3, 5, 10, 11 and 12.

The mini fridge is not stocked.

STORING MEDICATION

You will need to bring enough medication and medical supplies to last the duration of your cruise. Our medical centers cannot refill prescriptions or provide the use of medical equipment. If your medication is a prescribed narcotic you must hand carry the original container and prescription. Please hand-carry your medications and medical supplies and not place them in your checked luggage.

Diabetes/Medicine Storage

Staterooms are equipped with mini bars which are designed to maintain the temperature of beverages. Please do not use them to store medications that have specific temperature requirements. Should you need to store medicine that needs proper refrigeration, medi-coolers are available on board in limited quantities, and on a first come, first serve basis; a $70.00 USD refundable deposit is required. If a medi-cooler is not available, our ship’s Medical Center will arrange storage - please contact them once onboard. Note: A small, personal-sized cooler no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing medications is permitted as carry-on luggage.

For your reference, only the following ships have mini bars: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista.

If your medications are injectable, please contact our Housekeeping Department for a Sharps container, if needed.

If you are traveling by air, please contact the airline directly for their policies.

Edited by dorisdvu